Notices

please help, its not me but my girlfriend and its killing me

Old 11-14-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy please help, its not me but my girlfriend and its killing me

hi my names david im 20 the reason im on here is for my girlfriend, she is 17 and has been drinking every friday since she was 11, iv been seeing her fr just over a month and been with her for 2 weeks, i love her so much and she loves me, last friday she was drunk and kissed another lad, we argued alot as she was trying to dump me saying she would only do it again and she cant control her self, we argued some more and now she has admitted to having a problem with drink, iv tokld her i will help her stop drinking but i dont know where to start, please some one help me as this is killing me inside and i dont want to lose her
Old 11-14-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's one heck of a new relationship. She's being honest with you at least - "she'll do it again." You can't help her stop if she doesn't want to. I'm sorry but that's the truth. There is a section for family and friends of alcoholics here. You may find some good advice there. I know for me, it had to be ME that wanted to stop and when someone tried to "help" me I only became angry and resentful. You are so young, why are you allowing yourself to be in a relationship that is already showing signs of serious problems????
Old 11-14-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

Never expect someone to make a major life change like that just for you. As one ex-girlfriend used to always tell me: I'm not responsible for your feelings.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

iv been in worse relationships than this and i know that it will work if she drops the drink she knows it her self as well
Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You're 20. She's 17. The chances of the two of you growing old together are slim and none. Sorry, but you don't even really know her so you aren't in love with her and she isn't in love with you. She likes to drink and kiss other guys. She'll do it again. She isn't ready for a relationship, which she's already shown. You both have a lot of growing up to do. Your best bet would be to let this one go.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with what the others have said.

You also said you've been in worse relationships than this. That really caught my eye. I think it might be a good idea for you to figure out why you are choosing impossible relationships? It could be that some kind of counselling might help you.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

saying she would only do it again and she cant control her self

When people tell us / show us who they are, if we are smart, we believe them.

You cannot help her. Professionals cannot even help her, unless she wants it bad enough, and then it is her work to do and it is hard.

At 30 days in, learn your lesson here and walk away.

I think it might be a good idea for you to figure out why you are choosing impossible relationships?

Yes, figure this out and save yourself a lifetime of pain and drama.