Notices

happy day 5!!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lor

happy day 5!!

today is day 5 for me after a close call yesterday. but im super happy that i made it through cause today i feel fantastic!!! problem is the better i feel the harder not drinking is!!! im worried im gonna sabotage myself like i always do???any advise??
Old 11-14-2011, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

I was still detoxing pretty good on day 5 so I wasn't very motivated to do anything, especially drink. I found the more I distract myself, the less I think about it but that can be a challenge at times... good luck!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
lor

its not that i feel great physically but more so that i made to day 5
Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, lor!

What has caused you to sabotage your sobriety in the past? Are you using any program of recovery to learn how to live sober?
Old 11-14-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

might want to think of aversion therapy. Helps with moments when you might slip up - you just ned to comit to taking it every day.

Stay strong.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I take loooonnnng walks, go to the gym, listen to my favorite music. I'm re-organizing closets and kitchen cabinets. I read before bed to lull me to sleep instead of passing out from alcohol, it has been pleasant waking up without a HO. What are your interests? I don't know about you, but I put alcohol as a priority in my life for many years, I planned drunks, prepared for them, hid them, that took alot of time and energy. Put that energy into something you enjoy. So many possiblities. Keep going.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lor

i have just come to the conclusion i dont have any interests haha my interests were basically drinking. i like having ppl over for dinner which i never ate bc i would be half bombed b4 dinner was ready lol and i suppose things like drunk dialing drunk facebooking and random converstions with the ppl in the supermarket used to be my hobbies lol. ight now though im very excited about christmas coming cause its my favorite time of yr. i guess im gonna have to learn who i am all over again. for instance last wed (my last day drinking) we finally got a babysitter for the first time in like forever and instead of knowing what to do i just went to the bar blew 300 bucks and then got into a car accident. and i keep asking myself y didnt i go to the movies or something??? what is it that possesses me to act ridiculous when im such a smart person???