Notices

think you for caring

Old 11-14-2011, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

think you for caring

man i love this site, best desicion i made in a long time. to day is day three and i am feeling good about it. the members that are with me on my jurney also, i am greatful to you both because we are together with the same but diffrent walk. alcoholsux, indamirical and lovinit41 and everyone tha posted. think you. i get my daughter tonight, i got confussed and thought i was gettin her last night, she gets her shoot today. she goin to be in a bad mood today. i get my daughter a week on and a week off and it works out most of the time. work is always stressful but i am goin to ride the high of sobeerity. i love everyones input so please respond if you like. i love the support. i woke up at 5 am again without a problem. will post when i get off work.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah.. congrats on your 3 days.... this is site is great support...
Old 11-14-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Geno1982 - good for you on Day 3!!! I hope you and your daughter have a good time tonight. When was the last time you got to speak with her when you weren't drinking?

Maybe tonight you can start some new routines. Stay strong and over time I think you'll find that sobrity is less stressful then drinking. The problems are still going to be there but now you'll have a clear head.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

this will be the first time since she has been born. she is 4
Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMG that's great!!! I hope you live where there is a park. I have a 4 year old. Loves the park and I find I have a bit more energy to take her these last few days and it gets me out of the house. I mean I love Dora and all but... park is better.

Have a great time - be a kid a bit with her - color or something - she's going to LOVE the sober you.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 3!!!! i'm so glad i found this site when i did, to go through this alone without other, would SUCK! it's a little hard for me right now, I'm at work, and alittle jumpy, not so focused but drinking my blueberry tea and just taking it by the hour. I am nervous about getting out of work when my mental alarm goes off, because seriously, i swear, when i drive by the liquor store, even if I don't want it, i pull in and buy it. then, i have to drink it. even if i dont want it. it sits in my purse and nags at me until i do. I am taking the long way to day care, to avoid this evil liquor store....
Old 11-14-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Geno, i have to share, last night...when i almost couldnt take it anymore, My son asked me to play cards with him, and normally my answer would be no, because I would be to tipsy and want to sit on the couch and watch TV, but last night i said YES. The smile on his face was priceless, and to be able to coharently play a game with him was awesome! That alone, is incentive enough for me to stay strong. WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

Cool, day 3! I just got back from the grocery store and had to walk past aisles and aisle of liquor, beer and wine... wasn't even tempted today, just kind of chuckled and kept going to the veggies! Keep it up, doing great!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alcoholsux View Post
Geno, i have to share, last night...when i almost couldnt take it anymore, My son asked me to play cards with him, and normally my answer would be no, because I would be to tipsy and want to sit on the couch and watch TV, but last night i said YES. The smile on his face was priceless, and to be able to coharently play a game with him was awesome! That alone, is incentive enough for me to stay strong. WE CAN DO THIS!

That's great - Alcoholsux - I know exactly what you're talking about.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alcoholsux View Post
Alcosux!!Woo hoo hoo!! Thsts the story of the day! Isnt it the simple things like that , that are the reason we want to give this madness up! So, so very happy for you and your son! Were so rocking this, im proud of us all xxx
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

congrats good job.

keep it up.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Geno, keep it going. You have a chance to create a new you for your daughter, she is young enough to NEVER REMEMBER you drunk!!Imagine that! Good on you Geno, were all in this together!xx
Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, Geno!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great job Gino! Keep up the good work. You can do this!
Have a wonderful time with your daughter. You have a lot to be grateful for. Some people never get a second chance to reconnect.

Best Wishes To You!