Notices

on being tired

Old 11-13-2011, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

on being tired

2 weeks today I had a great day with family but am extremely exhausted. I will probably fall asleep right after I shut off the computer. While relaxing on my couch I was thinking about how I haven't been this tired in I don't know how long. And I realized how grateful I am to actually feel tired without the depressing effect of alcohol. I am just now starting to enjoy the natural highs and lows without a drink and I think that's just fantastic. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed these small changes in early recovery...nite
Old 11-13-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah. It's your body recovering from the abuse you put it through when you drank alcohol. It takes time and energy to repair the damage that was done - Don't worry, it does get better.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am on day 9 and have been experiencing this tiredness also but I love it. It feels like "natural" tired , and it's a relaxing kind of tired. I don't feel jumpy and I feel peaceful. I love it
Old 11-13-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I haven't got that far in my sobriety yet but I am actually excited to feel normal tired again. It will be so peaceful for me not to have to drink myself to sleep.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I love being able to go to bed when I am tired now, and not when I have had enough to drink so that I pass out in bed. I used to be afraid that maybe I needed just one more to go to sleep, so the result was I misjudged on occasion by hitting that critical number a little too well. Waking up in the hammock with the birds was awkward.

Now, I feel relaxed when I get into bed, pleased with the efforts of my day, and feel refreshed and rested on waking. Of course it has been said before-

(Alcohol) does murder sleep, the innocent sleep,
Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleave of care,
The death of each day's life, sore labor's bath,
Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,
Chief nourisher in life's feast.