Stressed out

Old 11-13-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stressed out

Hi all this is my first thread in this section of SR. I have been in recovery for almost 4 yrs. When I first got sober I had to go nc with my disfuntional family.This is not my first go-round trying for recovery.I have grown alot in this time.
Yesterday I ran into my addicted brother at the store.This stresses me out I always feel like I'm doing the wrong thing.I just got cut off from my therapist by the insurance co. I felt strong I have been doing really well and just bumping into my brother reduces me into a unsure pinic stricken baby.Its like "telling myself" get over it your 46yo and your acting like a child. Sorry for the disjointed post Im not much of a communicator
Old 11-13-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Anvil I have a wonderful family with my wife and 14 yo son and have never been so happy. Its just we live in the same town as my very large disfuntional family.I have become the black sheep because I choose recovery.It is truly the bizaro-world they would welcome me with open arms if I was still messed up.
I have 4 more years before I can retire and my son finish high school. Then I will leave this all behind.The problem is I always feel like I'm doing something wrong. I dont want to hide and should feel proud of myself but I guess I'm just a work in progress.Thanks for "listening"
Old 11-13-2011, 08:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((tbeit))) - I know some of what you're feeling. I'm the only person in my home that is working recovery and there are times I feel like I'M not wanted here. I try, really hard, not to get wrapped up in their dysfunction, but still a work in progress and sometimes feel like I'm the bad person because I don't put up with certain behaviors.

I still have a ways to go, but darned if coming to SR doesn't always help

Hugs and prayers,

Amy