Holding myself accountable

Old 11-10-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Holding myself accountable

I am going to set a date that I have figured out where I will have enough cash to feel financially secure to get my own place. I need to hold myself accountable and not 'backslide' like i have many times in the past.

I am going to be as civil as circumstances will allow and let S2BXABF (i like that) drink himself into an oblivion. He got sick with the flu this last weekend and was throwing up blood. (not good). I will be around here on SR daily or almost daily so I can stay Pi##ed off (which were words someone else lived by on another thread, can't remember who said them) so I can keep my momentum going.

I KNOW he is not going to change. Any change he makes WILL BE for the worst. He is an ex Heroine addict (didn't know that when I met him) and now alcohol is his crutch. He *isn't an alcoholic* (his words) and so he *doesn't have a problem*. That may all be true in his world, but it certainly isn't so in mine. My boy will not grow up his entire life with such an AlcoHOLE. I am firm on this and this is my top priority and my ultimate boundary.

*Chances* aren't helping. Talking makes it worse. The ONLY thing that makes our life bearable is to let him indulge, so be it. He can drink himself to death, I.won't.sit.by.and.watch.it.ANYMORE!

I am going to try my hardest to get out of the house with the kiddo every weekend. My bro just got a new pad that we like chillin' at, and I am welcome anytime. I don't want to spend anymore miserable alcoholic confrontations with him.

MY DATE IS THE FIFTEEN OF MAY 2012. My birthday. The best damn present I will have given myself in five years! Enough is enough. I have a right to be mad, and I am mad as h*&$. Everyone on this forum has been so helpful and I appreciate all the kind and even not so kind words from the bottom of my heart.

I WILL make it through this darkness.

Thanks for letting me vent AGAIN. Gosh, it helps.

Now, I am off to the place I hate being the most, home.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You go, girl!! Anger can be the best motivator for change.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have to channel my feelings to anger to stay in control. Hope and bitterness are not working for me. LOL!