Divorce is FINAL!!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorce is FINAL!!

I got the papers signed today! What wild emotions... Estatic because the XAH is out of my lie.... Sad because my marriage didn't work....

It scary because I don't even feel like I was ever married. I felt like I took on a dependent (emotionally and financially). We were only married 1.5 years. Frustrated I lost 2.5 years of my life and I have most of his debt to pay off. Scared of getting back into the dating scene when I am ready..... Hoping Al-Anon has giving me the tools to not get myself back into that type of situation!

Overall, just relieved!! Just wanted to share.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not going to say it was easy! But feels better on this side of it. I'm glad I never gave in to my selfishness to have children, even tho I desparately want them, it made it easier and faster. The whole process took 3 months and 7 days!!

good luck to you!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
a southern belle

hey benradbel...i know the kalidascope of feelings you are having! when i got divorced...it felt like an out-of-body experience. it was like looking down at it happening to someone else. but, life does go on....and today it is wonderful! do not fear the unknown of your future. just enjoy the now of your life. good luck and good love...mags
Old 11-10-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

SaWEEET.

Congrats.

Isn't it terrible and wonderfully sad that we here on F&A of SR actually congratulate those getting divorced or 'out' of a relationship. And those of us still 'in' feel jealous. LOL!