Notices

Day 5, Again.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Day 5, Again.

No desire to drink so far, whatsoever. BUT, I definitely dont want to jinx it. Last time I caved on day 10. I feel fantastic. Except....I am so tired at night I dont feel like doing anything. Does anyone else have this issue? Anyway, just wanted to give y'all an update. Thanks SR!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Editor

Good Job Dom! In the past for me...making it past Days 7-15 were near impossible. I would start to feel great and let my guard down. What better thing to do than drink when you are feeling great.That AV is a tricky little bugger. I finally learned to tell that AV were to go. Get plenty of rest and stay on your toes.
Best of luck!
DAve
Old 11-10-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Early recovery is a very up and down time. Your body and brain are adjusting to functioning without alcohol and it takes some time to get back to normal. If you're tired, sleep if you can. Getting good food and lots of rest helps the recovery process.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Hi, Dominica, I am happy to see you not only making sure this time, but staying in touch here at SR. We are pulling for you to choose being sober, for good.

Here are some ideas that SR members have used to help with those initial urges, and they involve separating from that voice and deciding it comes from 'not you', but from someone else instead.

I found myself smiling today when I thought about a drink, the way you might smile if an ex partner showed up asking for money. I smiled again, and shut the door.
I am looking at alcohol like the a@shole ex that cheated on me, stole my money and then came back begging for more. I say NO WAY NO HOW LIAR!!
Keep on looking for and identifying that addictive voice. It's a tricky one. It's almost, but not quite as smart as you, but the real kicker in your favour is that it is helpless and needs you to drink for it.
Keep posting, Dominica.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good going, Dominica...Keep it up a day at a time. Live each day. A wise man once said, "every day is Day 1".