Second meeting

Old 11-07-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Second meeting

I made it to my second meeting. This one really spoke to me. powerlesness.
I have become a control freak and did not even know it. I know somethings I like to control like driving,paying bills and some stuff at work. I found in the last few weeks I tried to control everything. I have been so drained of energy for the last few years and I did not know why. I know now. I moved out almost 4 months and started working on my self. I found this site a month ago. I thank each of you for your stories. They have helped me oh so much. Im not crazy just a codie. I am feeling more at peace. I dont walk on egg shells everyday. Im getting better one day at a time. Sorry for the ramble but my mind is going big time.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post! I am afraid I would find out the same thing if I went to Al-Anon. I do want to go, just can't right now because I don't have anyone to watch my kids for me. I'm glad to hear you are finding peace and getting better, that's encouraging!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Some people bring there kids to ours. You may want to call and see if you can bring them with you.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you Itsjustme1968!!

I too came into Al-anon exhausted and drained. I was completely run-down from trying to control EVERYTHING!! My kids, my work, my husband, my dog... everything had to be my way. I needed perfection.

I have had many "phases" as I have worked my recovery program. Definetely moments of being overwhelmed. The awareness of myself and my character defects - phew, when I first started digging - I felt so awful! Forgiveness and patience have been key.

I like what you said - I'm not crazy, just a codie!! So true.

Thanks for sharing!
Shannon