Gratitude List

Old 11-07-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gratitude List

I'm starting this because there are good things going on in my life. I can see it now and I can welcome them now.

I'm thankful for:
  • Supportive family, friends and co-workers, who have provided shoulders when I need to cry, or need some one to lean on as I take the next step. Who have let me vent and then provided that one sentence that brought me back to reality. (Including 'Fred', for those who remember that series of posts.)
  • The Women-Only self-defense course that I took. (It rocked! The instructors were so amazing!)
  • Pushing myself to sign up to take the LSAT this December and studying for it.
  • Knowing that the deadline to sign up for courses through the local University is coming up and knowing which classes I hope to take.
  • Being confident enough in my abilities with the LSAT and school in general that I'm actually considering law school.
  • The Planetarium at the University - it's amazing and DS loves the shows too!
  • DS's school and all my friends and all his friends there.
  • A new romantic interest. (Can you believe it?! I can't. It wasn't that long ago that the mere thought of it made me sick, fearful that I'd find some one just like XAH. But I've found a wonderful guy who is letting me go as slow as I want to, and who is approaching this relationship just as slowly and with much compassion. Who has seen me freak out because of goings-on with XAH and GF and brought me back down to earth so I was in a right state to go pick up DS. And in spite of that incident still likes me. )
  • That despite the fact that both XAH's GF and XAH thought (and as friends and family feared) I'd take him back the minute she kicked him out, I felt no desire whatsoever to do so - and still don't. And all I actually felt like doing when reading their messages was LAUGH, long and loud.
  • That I have friends and family that let me stay with them when I think XAH will be going over the edge and aren't so afraid of the storm that may descend on them if XAH figured out where I was staying that they'd say no.
  • This one is hard to say: for XAH's GF. She protected DS the way she told the court she would (even if she didn't think it was necessary when she said it) and took him out of the house when XAH got into "a mood."
So there it is. Today's list. Hopefully being to re-read it will help me remember it if/when things get crazy again.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My list:

-God. I'm a spiritual person. Without divine guidance, I don't think I would be where I am today.

-Friends. New ones and old ones. Every person brings something different to my life.

-Books. If I could I would probably spend half my time at the library, I love to read. I am so grateful knowledge is so accessible - makes life easier.

-My home. I've never decorated or truly felt "at home" until I moved into my place two years ago.

-Music. Currently into blues music, very soulful.

-Art. I love everything artistic - writing, painting, poetry. Heck, even cooking can be artistic!

-My health. I am a health food freak by necessity. I was constantly getting sick several years ago. I've since changed my eating habits, and I'm much healthier and much happier .

-Life. You have to take the bitter with the sweet. Sometimes the most confusing and painful times are also the most blissful. Everything is all mixed together.

-Love. I'm grateful for being able to love the people (and animals, can't forget them) who I have loved. I once read this interview where the person said that you only get to experience love, by loving. It truly transforms you.

-Patience and understanding. This is something I'm working on. I've not always been the most patient or understanding, but the more I live, the more I see how necessary this is. We are all flawed - there's no escaping it. But sometimes having someone be patient with me, or being patient with someone else, makes a world of difference.

Panther
Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

now these are good issues...