I have a problem with women in relationships

Old 12-06-2003, 09:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rex
Paused

I have a problem with women in relationships

To start off with, I'm a single 33 year old male. Never married and no kids. I have a big problem with women in relationships.

After about three weeks of visually admiring a woman I finially had the guts to talk to her and trust me, it wasn't easy. We went out three days ago and I think she seemed to enjoy herself. We went to a college football game and went to eat buffalo wings at a local restaurant. Oh, she's 21 and probably the most beautiful person I've laid eyes on. During the night I tried to kiss her and she said she didn't kiss on the first date which was fine. I was just attracted to her and just wanted to show her. Well, I drove her home and she told me to call her. I called the next day when she was finishing work and we spoke for about 15 minutes and she said she'd call me. I haven't spoke to her since she said she'd call me. I don't want to seem pushy by calling her.

I seem to have this feeling that I'm making a fool of myself by contacting her. What if she was just being nice by saying call me rather than just saying call me just to be nice.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. I just want to have the relationship I know I deserve. I'm just tired of waiting and feeling like God forgot all about me but remembered all my friends and family.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hello! Is this seat taken??

Hey Rex, try not to worry about it. A, there's a 10+ yr difference in age, not usually a big deal - but something to recognize. As a gentleman (I try to aspire to the Cary Grant level myself usually), chances are you'll bump into her again and start off another conversation. I wouldn't push it. But the reason I responded was the God thing, a definite red flag. There isn't any forgetfullness there, maybe the other way around. Please don't measure life by what you don't have, and you're not alone with those feelings. Check out this quote:

"Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle: some things are within our control and some things are not. It is only after you have faced up to this fundamental rule and learned to distinguish between what you can and cannot control that inner tranquility and outer effectiveness become possible... ...Remember too, that if you think you have free rein over things that are naturally beyond your control, or if you attempt to adopt the affairs of others as your own, your pursuits will be thwarted and you will become a frustrated, anxious and fault-finding person."

- Epicetus, Stoic Philosopher (In approx. 95 AD.)
Old 01-02-2004, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Beautiful Padawan.
Rex, although some of us don't want to think that age is a difference, it is. I know because most of the guys I've dated have been at least 6+ yrs older than me. This doesn't mean it can't work or its wrong, but that it needs to be taken into consideration...like the "Idon't kiss on a first date" thing. I think as women get older, we care a bit less about those little rules and just go with how we feel. It just sounds bit immature to me.

In any case, I wonder what has happened since then since this is an older posting.

Luvnallthat, grey.