Notices

86 days and grateful

Old 11-05-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

86 days and grateful

Im 86 days sober today and so grateful to be me and not my husband! I woke up sober and with a clear head, ready to greet the day, whatever it may bring. My husband got home at 2 in the morning, drunk. This morning I'm watching him try to get the room as dark as possible (even pulling the pillow over his head), and jumping up constantly to get more water. His face is bloated and red and his eyes are extremely bloodshot. I feel for him. But I'm so happy that doesn't have to be me anymore. I'm so grateful for my sobriety today, and for the reminder of what it could be like for me. He's unwittingly keeping me sober today! Thanks so much to everyone on this site without you this would be so much harder!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job and I admire your dedication to your sobriety! It's okay to take a *little* pleasure in someone else's pain sometimes, ha ha! Thanks for giving me another reminder why I don't want to drink anymore, yuck.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Congrats eliasson! Ive been following your journey as we have similar sober times. It feels good to be on the healthier side of life, doesnt it. I have to believe your son is happy for you to be as well. Hang in there. You are on the right track, even though its sometimes a lonely road. Peace.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations! You didn't mention if he has an alcohol "issue" or not but maybe you will inspire him to stop/cut back. While you are looking at him being glad you are not in that state, he is probably looking at you saying "Geez, I wish I felt that good this morning!"
Congrats!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Eliasson,

Yep, sure brings it all back seeing someone hungover, doesn't it? 86 days are great! Both of us will be 90 days sober.....love it!

You are such an inspiration to me, and I am so happy that you (well, both of us) are doing this. It is truly lifechanging.

In addtion to dealing with sobriety, I know that you have a lot of other things on your plate. That just increases my respect for you.

Have a great weekend!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

86 days is great Eliasson - I'm really pleased to read this! :bounce

D
Old 11-05-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Eliasson))) - Fantastic on 86 days!!!! My DOC was crack, and every time I drive by someone out on the streets, and I just KNOW why they're there (same reason I was on the streets), I say a "thank you, that is no longer me" prayer.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-05-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good job on your sober time.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yes I agree, and being able to get up with no illness to medicate with more of the same is just wonderful! I hope you continue to enjoy that for the rest of your life. I know I will. That is something no one can take away from me.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done!

Waking up feeling good is pure bliss - I will never go back to those "dark" mornings...and it wouldn't matter how dark the room was - it didn't compare to the darkness in my mind and body.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by debsam View Post
Well done!

Waking up feeling good is pure bliss - I will never go back to those "dark" mornings...and it wouldn't matter how dark the room was - it didn't compare to the darkness in my mind and body.
This This This

Thanks !
Old 11-05-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great Eliasson,

Your description of your hubby was so vivid, good reminder. I agree with Missy you arean inspiration considering what else is going on in your life. When something minor in my life makes me angry I think of you and it sure puts things back into perspective.

Sorry for putting you on a pedestal, feel free to step down gracefully anytime.

CaiHong
Old 11-05-2011, 05:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

SO happy to read this Eliasson. I, too, have followed your journey so far. I'm so proud of all that you've accomplished. Congratulations on your hard earned 86 days!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you all so, so much. Your encouragement and support is a big part of my being able to get thru each day sober. I'm not doing anything different than you are and y'all are such an inspiration to me!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
~sb

87 days today! You go, girl!!!!!!!! I admire you!