Notices

Dont have a sponcor anymore.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Dont have a sponcor anymore.

I basically felt that the person I initially chose was good before I really got to know how crazy her life is. We were going to do step 5 Thursday and I was waiting for 3 weeks to do it but she cancelled that afternoon. She has a complicated relationship with her young daughter and her daughters baby. Things keep comming up. Long story.

I talked to some people about my situation and they agreed. It was awkward seeing her at the meeting tonight. she gave me a hug and asked how I was and I said good, she looked at me a bit odd and the meeting started.

Thing is now I'm afraid I'll pick the wrong person again! And I've put so much work into my moral inventory but am not sure who to do step 5 with. I feel like a cognitive mess of feelings ready to blow. Fortunately I have a raging headache so alcohol is the last thing I'm thing about.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Well whatever you do, don't take the perfectionist mindset, looking for the perfect sponsor--not to say that getting rid of your old one was a bad idea. If nothing else, get a temporary sponsor to help you continue your inventory while you search for someone with whom you want to form a longer attachment.

Best wishes!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

and... I think it's okay to have more than one sponsor at the same time Besides, being a sponsor does more for ones recovery than being a sponsee anyway.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Looks like I type just as badly on my iPad as I do on my iPhone! LOL
Old 11-05-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Chapter 6 has fairly detailed directions about who you should 5th Step with.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I did speak to a very wise woman tonight and she thinks I'm still on step three. In my guts I felt that way but that I was being pushed too quickly. When She told me this I felt so much better. My last sponsor called me today as well and it was nice to just talk without feeling this gawd awful pressure that I wasn't doing something right. Bottom line is we all move at our own pace depending on our past and present situations. AA is not a one size fits all program like some treat it. Those are the people that make it seem like a cult!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

I asked my sponsor when I could do step 3 and was told "as soon as you make an appointment for step 5" which means my sponsor is not rehabbed; take the steps as the first 40 did--quickly. That was my experience. We scheduled step 5 for a Sunday, I did step 3 on Friday, Step 4 on Saturday....

I've had no cravings since day 14....