Notices

NEW and struggling big time re:Opiates

Old 11-02-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
new and needing support

Unhappy NEW and struggling big time re:Opiates

Hi, I'm C. I am 32 year old female from Canada
I stopped (eruptly) Oxycontin Halloween day. Not by choice but because I ran out.
I first started taking percocet/oxycontin roughly 4 years ago after a gallbladder surgery. I stopped well because the rx ran out. Then took to smoking a little pot just to try to get that "high" again. Never happened. Well a year after my GB surgery I get kidney stones, and hospitalized for a blockage. Again..percocet was RX'ed to me.

And to this day I can't quit. I get them legally, and prescribed them monthly because I have pain from stones...that can't be removed and I take more than prescribed and I'm out and withdrawal..BIG time. The mental withdrawal is the worst part..That constant gnawing of wanting it. I cannot for the life of me stop thinking of them! Being on this med for so long they don't even give me the euphoria anymore..I take them because I can't deal with the withdrawal, and having the feelings of being lonely etc. This pill helps cover the fact that life sucks. KWIM?

Anyhow, I'm tired of going through this every month; and I want to stop, and stay stopped. I have no friends or support system in real life. And I am scared to tell my doctor for a number of reasons.
I am crying since I 'quit' I need someone..anyone to get me through this.
:ghug3
There's more I could say! But I'll try to keep it brief as I can...
Old 11-02-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us.

Really the best thing for you to do is to talk to your dr and let him know what's going on.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi IHWIA

I agree with Anna - I think you need to speak to your Dr and lay out to them honestly whats been happening.

I noticed you've also posted in our substance abuse forum too - you'll find a lot of support there too

Welcome aboard

D