Notices

Time to (Wo)man up!!

Old 11-01-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time to (Wo)man up!!

Alrighty, so it has been a long weekend... and Monday... and although I didn't drink a lot... I drank something every freakin day and I feel like crap. (possible cold/flu also) I actually had dreams last night about not drinking, and loved it.

Anyhow, since I joined this site I've been talking about setting goals and limits for myself, but, as I sit here today, I for the first time am thinking...maybe I'm not sure goals and "limits" will work for me. Maybe, just maybe I am not the type of person who can have just one or two. I think I may finally be ready to take the next step... but am not sure how. I am not interested in doing AA, but have seen some posts about SMART, so may try that.

Being pretty new to this site I've seen a lot of posts about crazy stories that led to sobriety, and although they are inspiring, I guess I need motivation to quit, not because of some drastic reason, but because I need to do it for me. I'm just sick of feeling like I cant change something that actually can be changed... a friend of mine posted four years sober on her facebook the other day and I was jealous. I know I can live without alcohol... but learning to live without it is going to be the hard part. It's time for a change... wish me luck... I'm going to need it!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

wishing you luck & welcome back Camille - I hope SMART will resonate with you

D
Old 11-01-2011, 05:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish you luck and please know that recovery is an amazing journey.