Notices

Halloween parties this weekend

Old 10-29-2011, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Halloween parties this weekend

Last year about this time, I decided to quit drinking, or at least cut down. So, halloween weekend I decided to not get drunk as usual, and just buy a 6 pack. That worked, for the first party. Then I went back and bought an abundance of 40's for the next party and ended the night in a black out.

A couple more attempts of controlled drinking and I finally realized that wasnt working very well so I decided to quit all together. Struggled a lot at first but four months now and feeling much better.

I had a bit of a rough day earlier and was feeling pretty overwhelmed, but I'm realizing more and more that those feelings are usually very temporary and are definitely not worth drinking over.

So tonight I am going to a costume party(one of my favorite things to do) and instead of controlling my drinking this year, I am proud to say that I will NOT be drinking. And the cool thing about that is that everyone seems to have accepted my choice of sobriety. Its going to be a good night!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good choice - have a good sober time

D
Old 10-30-2011, 12:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to hear that you decided not to drink on Halloween. Give us a heads up on how you did.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you! Along with being sober you'll also have the memories of the party afterwards .
Old 10-30-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The party was awesome, there were lot of good costumes. I always have more fun sober than drunk because I can actually remember the fun I have. Its nice to see everyone and have decent conversations with my friends. Most of all its nice to remember leaving the party instead of waking up worrying and wondering what happened and hearing all the embarrassing stories of what I did. Not to mention the pictures that will capture the moment forever! Lol. I'm glad that I'm done embarrassing myself. There was an extremely drunk girl that was falling on her face. I just felt bad for her. I'm thankful that I know I can't drink anymore, ever. It feels almost relieving knowing that now, instead of wondering if i can control my drinking and failing everytime. Anyway it was an awesome night that ended clean and sober instead of sloppy drunk!