alcoholic background/violence/suicidal

Old 10-28-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

alcoholic background/violence/suicidal

My mums been drinkin way before I was born but I remember her drinkin in front of me now and again as a child my mum and dad used to fight all the time over my mum havin pen friends in prison and they would write to her, my dad were cheating on my mum...

They got a divorce when I was 10 years old and that's when my mum drunk every night and when I was like 13 or 14 she invited a complete stranger off the internet into our home... She still drinkin till this day and I'm scared bout her health she's a changed person

My sister got on the beer everynight when she was 17 I watched till I started drinkin at age 11 my sister were slitting her wrists in front of me jumping out of my bedroom window shed get arrested most nights :s but atm she gave up in march/april this year and now she's 5 months preg but won't be long before she hits on it again
Old 10-28-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

I'm sorry about the way your family functioned while you were growing up. I hope you will continue to take steps to take care of yourself now that you have your own family.

You will find information and support for yourself here.

Something that really helped me when I worried about my loved ones drinking, was the three C's of alcoholism:

I did not Cause it
I could not Control it
I would not Cure it

You did not cause, your mom or sister's alcoholism. You can't change, control or fix it for them. The addiction belongs to the addict.

I wish you a peaceful journey as you find your own path of recovery.

Let us know how we can help you.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

I couldn't believe they thought of themselves I was still in school I had bad time there I got bullied but no they shut me out like I wasn't there my step mum had to buy me my uniform it wasn't her doin to buy me it but coz my mum wouldn't coz she had no money coz her and my sister drank it up the wall my step mum had to do it