Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

October 27 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 10-28-2011, 02:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

October 27 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

When we try to absorb too much too quickly in Al-Anon, we may be discouraged and fail to continue with the program. But let us consider that philosophers throughout the ages spent their whole lives in contemplating such truths and, since our busy lives leave us little time for meditation and study, we would be wise to take it slowly, concentrating on one idea at a time.

TODAY’S REMINDER

I will select a single thought from one of the Twelve Steps, or a phrase from my Al-Anon reading, and try to apply it ach day. This will give me a little nugget of security on which I can add other concepts as I need them. In this process, we find an important application of our slogan Easy Does It.

I will not try to grasp the whole program at once, lest I become distracted and confused. I will remind myself that the only vital thing is to apply what I have learned – to make it work for me in all the happenings of my daily life.

“If I learn nothing more in Al-Anon than to keep hands off what is not truly my business, this alone will lighten and brighten my life.”