What a day....

Old 10-27-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a day....

Oye. I'm working my program in overload lately!! As I mentioned previously, I had one job interview Tuesday morning. It went super well!! I have an interview this afternoon with a second engineering firm - and for some reason, I'm nervous beyond words. I have no clue why. About 8 years ago, I had interviewed with this company but the timing was off. They made me an offer then had to retract it because they lost the work I was being hired for. I "disliked" them for that experience... until about 2 years ago when I had a chance to collaborate on projects. They have impressed me. They have changed, and so have I! I believe they are a good firm... could be a great job, albeit a much lower pay that the company from Tuesday (money isn't everything!). I'm doing my best to just let go. Walk in there and be myself and trust the process.

The other part of today... (to add to the anxiety!!)... is that late last night I got a call from a real estate agent that wants to show the house at lunch time! Ack!! Our first week had lots of showings - then a week and half of nothing... and now a showing, on the day of my interview! Good news is that the house is in tip-top shape.

I've said my prayers, done the footwork... now I need to let go and let my HP do his work.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers please!
Shannon
Old 10-27-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You certainly are taking big steps! You're certainly a power of example for me. Thanks so much for posting this.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job GB, we are all proud of you.

Please let us know how things go on the jobs and the house.

Your friend,
Old 10-27-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Anvil... This is definitely the good stuff!! Life is really moving in a super awesome, healthy direction for me!!! I love it. It's balanced... I'm not overjoyed, but I'm also not doom and gloomin'!! It feels comfortable... I'm taking it one day at a time, one step at a time and waiting for more to be revealed!!

So, the second job interview went well. Very very long which was super tiring. I was there for 3 hours and met first with three associates for almost 2 hours!! I know them personally so the conversation ranged from work/career to personal/joking. The last hour was spent with 2 vice presidents... One I know really well ( he's the guy who wants to hire me) and the other I know very little... Who was very intense with his questioning. I get the sense that they really aren't quite in a position to bring another person of my level on board... They seemed concerned about workload, and bent noses of other managing engineers. I'm just going to hand it over to my HP. What will be will be.

As for the house... The agent said the woman liked it but it sounds like it was slightly higher than her price range. Again... Just gotta wait and see.

On another note, I spoke with my friend about renting his adorable house... In the Village. We chatted for an hour... And I swear it's like stars aligned perfectly for both of us!! My need to rent matches perfectly with his need to downsize!! We are taking it one day at a time... Waiting for my job... And giving him some time to consider his timeframe for moving out!

One day a time.... That's all I have to do right now!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is super nice to hear you sounding so positive - makes me smile! Thanks for sharing happy posts!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There is a fantastically joyous tone to your post. Full of life and change and rebirth. It's incredibly inspiring!

You have put all this work into your recovery and you get a front row seat to see how that work pays off.

By staying in the moment, being true to yourself, putting your wants and needs out there in a proactive way, and then taking your hands off the outcome is how a new life is born. It happened just that way for me, too.

You are on your way now, friend!!

Can't way to hear how the path lays out before you. I've got the tingles

Alice
Old 10-27-2011, 10:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love how you are trusting in your higher power to guide you through what's meant to be with the jobs. The house in the village sounds great. What fun it will be for you to make a fresh start in your own place!
Old 10-28-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There is so much power in doing the footwork and then letting go of the outcome! Letting go of my tendency to fret, worry, plan, scheme, micromanage has freed up so much energy... so that I can live in THIS MOMENT. Right here, right now. That's it. What will be will be... and I will deal with it when it happens.

Accepting that has done wonders for my life. It has also really helped me let go of my AH - and especially his anger. There isn't anything that I can do to change his anger towards me. I am a good person. I'm not playing games with him - I'm working through the divorce process exactly as my attorney advises me. He is angry, fearful... and lashing out at me. Thank god I know now that I don't have to sit and listen to it... and I absolutely do not (and will not!!) defend myself from it!

I'm so excited and hopeful about how my life is rolling out before me! The fear of change kept me stuck this summer. I had to work through my grief over the loss of the marriage. As others pointed out, when the time was right - I would be able to move forward. To try and do it sooner was forcing change and it wasn't right for me.

For those of you who are stuck.... just keep working on you. Focus on your recovery. Your behaviors and attitudes. Be the best YOU can be... one day a time. It really does work if you work it!

Thanks for letting me share,
Shannon
Old 10-28-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm so excited and hopeful about how my life is rolling out before me! The fear of change kept me stuck this summer. I had to work through my grief over the loss of the marriage. As others pointed out, when the time was right - I would be able to move forward. To try and do it sooner was forcing change and it wasn't right for me.

For those of you who are stuck.... just keep working on you. Focus on your recovery. Your behaviors and attitudes. Be the best YOU can be... one day a time. It really does work if you work it!

THIS is what I needed to hear today.

I've been in the "should I force change" mode for quite a while. I feel like the grieving of my marriage is coming to an end and I am ok with it for the most part, but the next step just hasn't felt right yet either. I am beginning to feel it'll be ok when it happens, but I also get frustrated with the "holding pattern".

It does me good to read your posts and hear how well you are doing!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

KEEP up the good work love reading your posts