Notices

Two weeks

Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two weeks

In two hours I'll be two weeks sober! This is the longest it's been for me in years. Certainly the longest since I realized I had a big problem and wanted to address it, which was maybe 6 months ago.

I am happy! :-) I guess I have mood swings but not nearly as many "way downs" or as many "way ups" as I did the first time I tried to quit. I have had more ups than downs. I would like to stop obsessing about drinking, but hey, at least now I'm obsessing about it and NOT drinking, instead of obsessing about it and drinking!

Thank you to all of you here for your kindness and encouragement. I hope to keep going like this for good. I'm really proud of myself. :-) But you all helped me when I was so confused and depressed... I don't think I would be here if it weren't for you. And I plan to keep coming back.

:bounce
Old 10-26-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations, Pigtails! I remember my 2-week mark..... it was the first time I allowed myself to start believing I could actually pull this off (and here I am, a few days shy of 18 months).

Life won't ever be perfect, but at least we know we're living authentically today. Way to go - keep up the good work..... and don't look back!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
Congratulations, Pigtails! I remember my 2-week mark..... it was the first time I allowed myself to start believing I could actually pull this off (and here I am, a few days shy of 18 months).

Life won't ever be perfect, but at least we know we're living authentically today. Way to go - keep up the good work..... and don't look back!
Maybe that's why this feels so huge! I feel like throwing myself a little party to celebrate. Sans alcohol of course!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to know that you are doing well so far~
Old 10-26-2011, 10:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. Thank you for letting us share in your journey thus far.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations pigtail

D
Old 10-27-2011, 02:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Foo Fighter.

Every day gets better, but you already know that. so enjoy.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Titanium

good for you! get after it!

bren
Old 10-27-2011, 03:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Talking

Congrats.. you are doing GREAT! :ghug3
Old 10-27-2011, 03:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
instant

well done pigtails you have done the hard yards !!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

congratulations!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Great job Pigtails! 2 weeks is a great accomplishment!!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats Pigtails!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on two sober weeks!!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yay pigtails - you're really doing it . It'll just feel better and better as you go along. We are very proud of you.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!

Today I feel absolutely great. Last night I got a last-minute project at work that I was at my office working on until 2 am. Yeah, crazy, I know. I felt really mentally awake, like I couldn't sleep, but in a good way, like I was excited.

Today was a big deal at work and I was hoping eveything would turn out okay. I did get some sleep, woke up early for me (and yesterday I had woken up at 6:30 which is very early for me, ha ha), and came to work. It was a great day and I finally finished something I had been working very hard on at work and that was stressing me out a LOT. It had a successful outcome! A big part of it has been out of my control but I am proud of myself for doing everything I can towards the outcome I wanted, and finally getting it.

It feels so great to have that monkey off my back. Plus, my bosses have been pleased with all my hard work. Two weeks ago, I couldn't wait to quit my job, I had no motivation, I was a mess. Now, I still have these ideas for where I want my future career to go which don't include working here, but, I realize I should make it nice in the meantime, for myself and my bosses etc. I am working towards my goals rather than just dreaming about them and being miserable with the current status of things, and I'm appreciating the experience I'm gaining, and the paychecks and benefits, even if I'm not completely happy with everything about the place (in fact, some things here are quite dismal, but, I am focusing on the positive and reminding myself what I'm doing and why, and not letting myself get into a depressed slump).

I just feel so energetic, productive, inspiried... I am finally having the great "up" feeling like the last time I tried to quit... but it feels different. More permanent, I hope.

Thanks again to everyone for the support. I DO hope every day keeps getting better because this is amazing.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I forgot to add that I am very slowly losing weight... it is seeming to take forever, as I've been following a race training plan plus working out for over a month now, I haven't had any alcohol (so many extra calories!) for two weeks now, and I don't feel I've been eating THAT badly, but have been eating particularly well for for a few days now... and the scale is down a little bit finally. I think I was gaining muscle. Anyway today I looked in the bathroom mirror at the office I was at and I saw the old me coming back! My face looked thinner, I looked thinner overall, and more cheerful and happy... I had a nice suit on and even makeup on. Sadly it's been probably a good year or more since I've gotten dressed up for work, since I've cared at all about my appearance. I knew I looked frumpy and sloppy but I didn't even care because I was so depressed.

Now I feel that I can look so much prettier. I am going to get a hair cut and a mani-pedi and some new shoes, and then when I lose some more weight, some more clothes! I'll spend money on things that make me look nice and feel happier, instead of alcohol. And the funniest thing about this whole post for me is that I never would have guessed that my appearance/weight loss would be the LAST thing on my mind as a benfit of not drinking. I mean, it is there but it seems to be more of a byproduct of feeling emotionally better and trying to get more discliplined and to grow up!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Grats!!!