Notices

2 weeks off loritab and feeling overly depressed....

Old 10-24-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks off loritab and feeling overly depressed....

Hi, I'm new here and I'm hoping to find some, anyone who can relate to what I'm going through in my life right now. 2 weeks ago, I stopped taking loritab. I had been taking between eight to ten 10 milligrams a day. I exhausted our savings (I'm married with 2 beautiful kids) and lied to my husband. I confessed to him 2 weeks ago yesterday and haven't taken one since. I have a friend who went through this with loritab and he took suboxone. He gave me some pills and last week I managed to not suffer hardly any withdrawals with the help of it. It gave me energy so I didn't feel tired...as we all know how loritab gives energy. Anyways, the past couple days I can barely get out of bed. I weaned myself off the sub and my last one was Friday. I'm so depressed, I just find myself wondering how I'm going to survive this. I'm not suicidal, but I have honestly never felt so hopeless in my entire life. I have such beautiful kids and I want to spend time with them but just getting off the couch is so hard. Like I said, it's been two weeks and I thought that I would be better by now but it's really hitting me hard mentally. Theres much more to this story but I've given the condensed version. I just want to live again and be able to smile. If anyone can offer advice, a shoulder, words of wisdom, anything to help me get through another minute of the day. --alisha t.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi AlishaT23 -

I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now..... My energy was extremely low after withdrawing from alcohol and took a couple months to come back. I know it's very frustrating, but keep reminding yourself that it will get better. Seeing a doctor is always good, too, just in case it's not all due to withdrawal.

I hope you check out the section we have on substance abuse:Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
You'll find lots of support there and others who have gone through what you're going through now.

Welcome to the forum!:day6
Old 10-24-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR AlishaT23 - you'll find a lot of support here

D