Please welcome Jose2

Old 10-22-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please welcome Jose2

Hi my name is Jose 2,
I am new to this Forum,but not new to Al-Anon and have been an active member for 4 years,I have just been reading TuffGirl's post on stalking,and my head has started again due to same thing with me, as AExH turned up at my Al-anon meeting house, and sat in the car park and was watching me go into meeting ,I state that I parted from this man 15months ago,another member tried to reassure me that he hadnt come looking for me,but on returning to the car-park after my meeting his car had gone,(this man has tried sobriety,but was very unhappy man with sobriety)and I could have understood if he had gone into the meeting house for an AA meeting in that he was trying again to recieve help.I went home shaken to say the least and tried to think nice thoughts, that maybe he just wasnt ready again to get help,and that him turning up was nothing to do with me,but a week later a recieved a letter from him,saying that he wanted to be able to talk to me and make his apoligies to me, and about how his alcoholism had affected me ,and what he had done to me over a number of years,I have heard 20+ years worth of this on and off, this talk and cannot and do not want this man ever to be around or anywhere near me again.His family which there are about 10, are all his enablers and all of which have many addictions.I sent his letter back to his daughter with a note stating that I had moved on with my life and that she give her father his letter back,and he get on with his life now as he sees fit and that I will not aknowledge any phone calls,letters,or speaking to him or his family members in person.
A few days later after thinking about this and a few incidents which have occurred this last few weeks concerning him(this being the biggy)I rang Victim Support which is in my area,and also rang my friend who is very supportive of me and understands that I have fear of this man and his family,and also rang my sister and husband that if he rings them and to give him short shrift(not encourage him by holding a converstation with him) if he rings them asking about me, as hes done in the past,I told my sisters husband that I had now had the courage to ring Victim Support and that |I should have done this years ago to protect myself from any harrassement,and came off the phone feeling totally deflated as my sister's husband said how stupid of me and that I wasnt a victim,So I am starting to doubt myself,that I could be making a mountain out of a molehill.
I keep telling myself that I worthy of help,and that the greatest gift that anyone can give another who has been abused,or has experience of what living with an alcoholic is cabable of doing,is a listening ear without judgement,this I have found going to Al-anon.
JOSE2
Old 10-22-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As always, I wish the best for you, you have alot to be proud of,keep your head high!

Peace be with you,

Bill
Old 10-22-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Jose2, and welcome to SoberRecovery

I moved your post over here to it's own thread so it won't get lost in the middle of another thread. This way people can see that you just arrived and give you a proper welcome

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 10-23-2011, 03:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for your welcome,

Jose2
Old 10-23-2011, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Jose 2

Hi,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome you to this wonderful forum.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. I am pleased to *meet* you.

Please make yourself at home by reading and posting as much as needed.

I think your recovery is showing, and it looks marvelous! You are showing your A that you will not be intimidated or manipulated anymore. Good on you!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome! I agree with Pelican that you are doing well with your recovery. You are showing a lot of strength in standing up for yourself.

Your friend,
Old 10-23-2011, 09:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome jOSE2!

We're glad you are here.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hello and welcome! this forum has truly been inspirational for me, and i hope you find what you are searching for within these threads.