Reporting in!!

Old 10-22-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reporting in!!

Hi Friends:

I am so sorry I haven't been around for a long, long time; however, you cannot believe how much this "motherhood" takes out of me!! LOL

Actually, the adoption was finalized in August, so Ms. Trinity is now officially our daughter. She is such a sweet child. So darling! Goes to preschool and is such a good little girl. Of course, I am very consistant with her. She has come a long, long way with her behavior. Teachers cannot believe how well she is doing. The best part of all is, all I have to say when she is not obeying is, "I feel the naughty chair coming on!" Voila, she turns into an angel. Oh how I wish my son was that easy!!

She is in soccer too! OMG, if you ever need a laugh go to an under 6 year-old soccer game. She does everything except play soccer. The one time she kicked the ball during a game, she immediately ran off the field to me and said, "Nanna, are you very proud of me?" OMG, she is so hysterical.

She is a mini-me. Our birthday's are two days apart. She is constantly cleaning. In fact, at school the other morning she was sweeping the playhouse. She just put down the broom and one of the boys wanted to come in. I don't think so!! She said, "sorry, you'll have to take off your shoes 'cause I just waxed the floor!" What have I done to this child??? LOL

She has a wonderful vocabulary for a 4-year old, and Nonno is not only teaching her Italian, but how to cook!!! Good thing 'cause someone has to continue to take care of me! LOl

Now about my son. Four months ago he voluntarily went into yet another rehab. He loves this one, and has really shown progress. He is leaving there in November and will go into a SLE. He looks fabulous again. Back to 200 pounds, working out, eating healthy, etc. Sounds positive. More positive than I have ever heard him. Still, I don't get my hopes too high, 'cause I've been there before. Right??

Anyway, he has addressed many problems which surprised me! First and foremost is back-child support!! OMG, that must be overwhelming! Because he was incarcerated for so many years, on and off, he hasn't paid since 1999.

Better not go into more detail as this is already wayyy too long.

Just one more thing, he has had 3 parole officers and I loved each and every one of them. Oh, yes, don't forget the first one, he was crazy for me!!! LOL
The last one is a woman, and I think my son is crazy for her!! Real cute!!

Ok, going to try to attach a couple of photos. If tattoos don't shock you, I'll include one of my son! All those damn tattoos and not one says "MOM!" LOL

Hugs, Devastated
Attached Images
Old 10-22-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why are my photos so bigggg???? Shoot, no wonder I couldn't add one of Trinity. This was not a good photo of her.

Hope you don't mind that I am including another one of her. She is with her "boyfriend" from school.

Hugs, proud great-grandma Devastated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0475[1].jpg (94.3 KB, 130 views)
Old 10-22-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh Dev, she is growing so fast but what a beautiful little girl. And your son does look healthier. Are you sure that somewhere in all that ink there isn't at least one "MOM"? Maybe there is room on his other arm, lol.

You sound like you are doing wonderfully yourself and I love how you have Mr. Dev training the next chef so she can cook for you as well. Some gals have all the luck. I did convince Mr. Ann to order a pizza tonight, but that's as Italian as it gets around here...dang! I may have to come visit after all but I don't want to throw your momentum off.

Good to see you, I miss your smiling face.

Great Big Hugs and Lotsa Love.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh, I was posting when you put on the second picture...what a sweetie. I think the boyfriend may have his work cut out for him, my thoughts are that she isn't going to take any guff from anyone...oh, let's hope so.

And about the Princess flowers in the background with the heart balloons...how appropriate since she is living in the palace with the Queen (that would be you, Dev)
Old 10-22-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Good to hear from you Dev...she is a cutey batootie, and her boyfriend isn't bad either!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Dev))) she is beautiful and I love the "mini-me" Can you send ME some of that wanting-to-clean mo-jo? Sounds like son is doing good, but I totally understand the "btdt syndrome" and not putting expectations into it, but I always believe in hope.

You and ((Mr. Dev)) are doing an awesome job with her, and I'm glad she's learning how to cook so when you get OLD she'll keep you supplied with Italian food

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-22-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What a beautiful child.

Reminds me how I used to allude to maybe having to get the paddler out. My daughter was pushing 10 when she finally called me on it and said something along the lines of " so where is this paddler you keep talking about". I recall saying someting about the dog eating it. Life was so simple, then.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ann:

I wrote a long reply, but lost it when I was posting a photo. Where in the world did it go?

Anyway, I was responding to the fact that you thought my son could put "Mom" on the other arm. NOPE, no room there either. No room on the legs either. Maybe room on his bumm, but don't dare ask. Come to think of it, maybe that's where it is!! LOL

You're right about me being the queen and Trinity only the princess. I have to remind her that all the time. In fact we were at the store the other day and a lady stopped us and said, "Oh, you are so beautiful!" Trinity said thank you. I said, Uh, Hello, she was talking to me! She said, sorry, Nanna! LOL

Yep, it is crazy around here. Mr. Dev has been harvesting the grapes, crushing, etc. makes me nervous that he has to work so hard and long 'cause I'm afraid dinner will be late.

Not my fault that my legs hurt the minute I step foot into the kitchen next to a stove! LOL

Ok, here's my last photo, I promise. Well, this time anyway.

Hugs, Devastated
Attached Images
Trinity 9-2011 (5).jpg (36.2 KB, 115 views)
Old 10-22-2011, 04:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Outtolunch, that's funny!

Hi Impurrfect, thanks so much for the "atta girl/boy" in raising Trnity. I must say I've sure learned a few things since I was young. I really think I can do a good job raising a child now! Probably that's why God gave me this one! Did such a rotten job with the other! Shoot, I better do a good job this time or I'll be 144 years old and still raising children. LOL

Hey Dollydo, he is a cutie too isn't he? They could pass for brother and sister, don't you think?

Hugs, Dev
Old 10-22-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

In fact we were at the store the other day and a lady stopped us and said, "Oh, you are so beautiful!" Trinity said thank you. I said, Uh, Hello, she was talking to me! She said, sorry, Nanna! LOL

Now you've done it Dev!! Really I mean it!! Now I want my entire kitchen redone to look just like yours. And look at how spotless it is! Please tell me Mr. Dev cleans up too? The man is a saint and there will be a special place in heaven for him one day. I can only hope that when I pass through the pearly gates I smell veal parmesan and rigatoni and then I will know Mr. Dev is there cooking for me too.

Love the new pic, she's got her great grandma's "attitude" and that is as it should be if she is ever to be Queen one day.

Big hugs for making my day with your pics.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

She's absolutely precious and I love the attitude ;-) Sassy young lady filled with life who knows how to listen to her Nanna...What more could you ask for? great to see that your son looks healthy...Enjoy every moment. We never know what tomorrow brings, so living for today's joy (and Mr Dev's cooking) is an awesome plan

Glad you checked in - I miss seeing you here!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

She takes my breath away, and those smarts of hers...oh my!

Alice
Old 10-22-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh Ann, you're so silly. Now you know why Trinity is so "devil-possessed" with the playhouse at school! Do you see those floors I have to keep up? OMG, I go crazy. I'm going to die with a mop in my hands. I already told Mr. Dev I want the mop in my casket. What's really scary is when he asked what's a "sasket!" Hello? do I not speak proper English or what!!

What's really special about our house is our view. It is gorgeous. Shall I post just one more photo of that? You can see those beautiful mountains in the background of the photo with Trinity and her boyfriend, but the view from our deck of the lake is breathtaking.

When did you say you were coming to visit?

Thanks for missing me Greeteachday.

Hugs, Devastated
Attached Images
DSC00080.jpg (23.7 KB, 95 views)
Old 10-22-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

View from our deck

OOPS, wrong photo. That was one I took when the sun was setting. Meant to send this one taken in the afternoon.

It is beautiful!

Hugs, Devastated
Attached Images
View (2).jpg (93.0 KB, 94 views)
Old 10-22-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

With a little girl like your Trinity, an amazing woman like you, your husband who cooks like a world class chef and that gorgeous view, PLEASE can you adopt me too? I will bring my own kayak ;-)
Old 10-22-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

By the way, I forgot to say that watching preschoolers play soccer is one of my favorite things. They follow each other running around like a swarm of bumble bees... Thing is the swarm usually is going nowhere near the ball
Old 10-23-2011, 06:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm packing my bags Dev, and just as soon as we get back from Florida, and then when I finish Tax season here, but before the snow flies next year...you just may see a red headed codie hiking up that road...oh, pfffft, what am I thinking, I shall come by the Codie Limo with Greet and her kayak, and we can sit on your deck overlooking that fabulous view and gab until dawn...at which time Mr. Dev can have a nice breakfast ready for us. How fun that would be, yes? Maybe one day, ya just never know, lol.

Hugs and hugs
Old 10-23-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

What an uplifting post and pictures this was for me this morning. Thank you so much for sharing your precious Trinity! Glad to know that your son is working his program.

Thank you for sharing a little bit of your life and wonderful attitude with us!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 10-23-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by greeteachday View Post
By the way, I forgot to say that watching preschoolers play soccer is one of my favorite things. They follow each other running around like a swarm of bumble bees... Thing is the swarm usually is going nowhere near the ball
Reminds me, back when my daughter first started playing soccer and her dad was the coach. The girls all had Barbie dolls stuffed into their shorts and whipped out their dolls and waved them in the air while screaming when they chased the ball. One of the most magical things I have wittnessed on a field.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

OK Ladies, Mr. Dev, Trinity & I will be waiting for the Codie Limo to arrive. I've already asked what type of a menu he will have for us. He said it has to be very special for his special ladies! Got him trained perfectly!!! Right?

Ann, hope that Greet's kayak doesn't scratch the limo! Must be a lot more money in the Codie bank account than I remember since we moved up from the Codie Bus to the Codie Limo!! LOL

OK, ladies you all take care now let me know when you can visit. Talking till dawn sounds right to me. Gosh knows we have plenty to discuss after all these years.

Gosh, Ann, do you realize how many years we've been through together?

Hugs, Dev