Notices

stumbling again

Old 10-22-2011, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Unhappy stumbling again

Had 4 beers and still drinking vodka. Hiding and lying again. I just completed a Partial Hospitalization Program and have moved to Intensive Outpatient. I'm so cheesed with myself. I give great advice in group but am deaf to my own voice. Today is my 7 year wedding anniversary. I am going to try to give my husband a lifetime gift of a sober wife. I'm not pouring out the last bit because I want to taper down. I feel that I can. I finally realize how much I hate lying. I don't have much alcohol left but I have enough to not go through withdrawals. I'd like to thank everyone here for all the advice and support. I'll try to post more often to maintain my sobriety. I'd rather post here than drink. I am not religious but I am spiritual so i'll take good karma, prayers and any positive energy anyone cares to give. Thank you all. When I can, I will pray to my higher power for all of you.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A sober wife is a good thing.
A sober life is even better!
I know you can do it.
I will be praying for you.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Oh I am sorry to hear that. Do what you need to do to get your life back
Old 10-22-2011, 04:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There is always time to start new. Ask yourself what you are right now and then ask yourself what you want to be in the future, I guess what I'm getting at is you should look forward to your future and see what it will be like if you drop the bottle and live a happy life of sobriety. Getting sober is not as easy as it sounds, it takes time and effort but the benefits are out of this world.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Try staying stopped.....
Old 10-22-2011, 05:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up about it. Make today a fresh start.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Be honest with the people who are trying to help you, tell them that you are drinking again so they can assist you in your efforts to stop. Good luck and I wish you strength and peace.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear that you'd rather post here than drink I look forward to more of your sober posts.

Writing down your goal (becoming a lifetime sober wife) and sharing it with the group of SR is HUGE! I commend you!
Remember too, if you stumble again in the future, it's not the end of the world. But do your best to not think about future / (sobriety, or stumbles/slips/relapses) and just focus on right here, right now, today, the present moment.

I hope the tapering goes well. When you're having tough minutes or hours, I REALLY encourage you to do like you said and come here and post post post instead of drinking. And if you haven't chatted before, give the chat room a visit!

All the best,
zenjen
Old 10-22-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi dG

I agree you need to reach out - be honest with those who are there to help you and those who love you.

There's no short cuts - the only way to make changes is to...make changes

D
Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you can get back on track.

Personally, I think trying to taper doesn't work for alcoholics. It's just too easy to fail in that process.