Notices

Outpaient treatment

Old 10-21-2011, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Outpaient treatment

I called about the local outpatient treatment. It's $500 for 8 weeks, which I think is very good price. But you have to be there monday through thursday from 6pm to 9pm. I could probably go home let the puppy out and feed horses and get back to town. But hubby won't like me being gone that much I'm afraid, especially since he doesn't seem to want me to quit. I'm going to have to talk to him about it.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Why? It's your life and your right to make decisions regarding it. He can like it or not and if he gets mad, he can just get glad in the same pants.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by horsekisses View Post
I called about the local outpatient treatment. It's $500 for 8 weeks, which I think is very good price. But you have to be there monday through thursday from 6pm to 9pm. I could probably go home let the puppy out and feed horses and get back to town. But hubby won't like me being gone that much I'm afraid, especially since he doesn't seem to want me to quit. I'm going to have to talk to him about it.
What does it have to take for us to finally do something that is important for ourselves?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'm sorry your hubby isn't supportive. Please do what you know is best for you.
It's time to take care of YOU. After I got sober I realized how much I had put other people's needs before my own. I'm done with that.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
I'm sorry your hubby isn't supportive. Please do what you know is best for you.
It's time to take care of YOU. After I got sober I realized how much I had put other people's needs before my own. I'm done with that.
Amen sister!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Smile

That is a really good price for outpatient. Good luck with your talk.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's a GREAT price for OP!

I'm currently in OP, M-Th 6-9 pm. I just finished my first week of it. I gotta say, it is SO worth it! In early recovery here (I'm on day 23) having 3 hours a night where I'm surrounded by people going through the same stuff as me is invaluable - it makes it so much easier. I mean, those three hours I could otherwise spend doing what? Reading? Watching TV? Going bowling? LOL! There will be time for those things on the weekend, which will make me appreciate them much much more! Or, after I graduate OP, I'll have that time again to do whatever I want. I'll appreciate that freedom so much more after dedicating the time I will be to OP.

Maybe think of it like picking up a new hobby? Or like joining some kind of club or league (ya know? Like a dart league or bingo club)....

I can't advoate it enough I really hope you consider doing it. But, of course, either way, I wish you all the best!

Love,
ZenJen
Old 10-21-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you think this is what you need then follow that instinct HK

D
Old 10-21-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you do what is the best thing for you.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

That sounds awesome! I think you have to go for it. If it's going to help you then you have to do it.

Also, I have no idea what this means, but it made me laugh.

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
He can like it or not and if he gets mad, he can just get glad in the same pants.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Told hubby about the outpatient, he didn't say much. Just ask what the benefit was suppose to be. He really is a good guy, and I'm probably not doing very good job helping him to understand. I've not told him before that I was going to stop drinking but told him many times I was going to quit drinking beer. But was harder to try to stick to vodka or gin without going back to the beer. And I wanted to secretly go to a few meeting to make sure I could stay sober before I said too much to him. I drank at home, so didn't have wrecks, duo's, jail time. So my problem probably now as obvious as some. The outpatient is a lot of time to commit to. And I have a new puppy that I hate to leave shut up all day and all evening. Hope someone will be at meeting today and I can find out more.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

do you have a neighbor you could pay to come in and take the dog out for 1/2 of exercise every day?....it's worth it for your peace of mind towards the dog (and cheaper than a bottle of booze too)
Old 10-22-2011, 07:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

No, we live out of town, so no neighbors. I'll see if anyone at meeting has any ideas.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I talked to the girls at the meeting about the outpatient program and have decided to sign up on Monday.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I talked to the girls at the meeting about the outpatient program and have decided to sign up on Monday.
Hurray!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

That's awesome!

Puppies add to our life and bring joy. Their purpose isn't to serve as an excuse to get healthy.. they wouldn't like that burden anyways

I am glad your husband is a great guy, have him watch the puppy.

Sounds like a lot of love in that house, the drinking just got away from ya! Now take care of it and enjoy life a little better. Who knows, the extra time you have being sober can be spent on another lil puppy!

Good luck to you dear!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

YAY! (((hugs)))

Like I mentioned, I'm doing the M-Th 6-9 outpatient and will be just starting week 2 on Monday. If you have ANY questions, concerns, or anything that you want to talk about, feel free to PM me at any time! Heck, I'll even send ya my cell phone number if you need someone to text with
Old 10-22-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a good decision HorseKisses

D