Notices

Day 11 and Friday

Old 10-21-2011, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11 and Friday

Sober 11 days today, have a dull headache, feel like I've been drinking and I haven't. Woke up at 2 this morning, while laying there all I could think about was whether to drink or not. I'm not overeating, just trying to eat healthier but not losing any weight. Keep telling myself not to worry about that right now, at least I'm not still gaining. I've been to a couple ladies meetings but everyone leaves as soon as meeting is over. So I haven't found anyone to talk to.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Horsekisses and Welcome! Congrats on your sober time (And that you are going strong into your second sober weekend, if I'm counting right).

LOVE your avatar! I don't know much about horses but I admire them for their beauty and power.

Sorry you haven't connected yet with women from your meetings.

Have you checked out the October thread? I know how important my monthly thread (March) is for me, to have online support from people who are at the same place mostly.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been queasy in the morning two mornings in a row. Weird, huh?

Glad you checked in. We're both October so let's keep track of each other, okay?

And I also love your avatar! Is he yours?
Old 10-21-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Horsekisses,

Yeah, it is a real phenomenon - when I first got sober I would wake up feeling hungover, and there was no reason I should have felt that way. I never did figure it out! It went away after a couple of weeks; I figured it was mental.

The overeating thing is really getting to me. I thought once I quit drinking weight would just drop off. The theory hasn't been working for me. I have been letting myself eat what I want, as long as it isn't bad for me. Actually, if I could deduct all the calories I have consumed from Pistachio Almond Ice Cream I would have probably lost a little. I am trying to exercise more - I think that is key, and I am going to have to quit eating what I want, I guess. It worries me, because I don't want to replace drinking with an overeating addiction.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, thank you. That is one of my horses, I have 5 horses. This one is trying to give me a kiss for a treat.

I'm just trying to eat healthier. Not overeating, no junk food, or sweets. Am getting more exercise, but not enough.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Argonaut

My beautiful new dog is giving me so much exercise that I can eat all that I want and still lose weight!