Notices

Day 2 Massive Anxiety

Old 10-21-2011, 05:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 Massive Anxiety

I just woke up Drenched in sweat with massive anxiety. It's my second day and I feel worst then a I did yesterday. I thought the second day would've been a little easier. I hate feeling this vulnerable and needy especiallly that I decided to end things with my enabler boyfriend of 5 yrs which makes it harder. I hate to feel so vulnerable and needy. I Just feel like using it makes me feel so much better, but the fact that I'm going through all this because my addiction makes me not want to at the same time. I just want to cry all day and no one in my real life cares.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's hard, no question, but the only way to get through it, is to get through it.

It often takes several days before you start better, but it will happen.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My running coach sometimes says (in a surprised voice) "It hurts when it hurts!" Yes it does. I'm sorry it hurts, but it will get better. And I'm sorry that you had to dump your boyfriend. But what a sane choice you made. Wow!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

You're gonna be ok. Uh, that isn't anxiety, that's toxins leaving your body! It all gets better. Each day of healing, it all gets better!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What is your DOC? I have found alcohol withdrawal to get worse on the 2nd and 3rd days.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The horrible anxiety of alcohol withdrawal often sent me back to the bottle. I agree that the only way to get thru it is to just get thru it. It won't last forever. See your doctor if it gets unbearable.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
What is your DOC? I have found alcohol withdrawal to get worse on the 2nd and 3rd days.
I"m a massive pothead where I'll isolate my myself for days I can smoke a ounce in just 2-3days, i've been doing this for years since I was 16 and i'm 23 now, As an adult I have no idea what sobriety looks like.. I also drink alot pop pills sometimes. When I'm sober I'm a big people person. My addiction changes who I am. Thank you all.Where are people like you guys in the real world.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mzbee
My addiction changes who I am. Thank you all.Where are people like you guys in the real world.
There's a bunch of us at AA and NA meetings.