Baby Lisa

Old 10-18-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Baby Lisa

Maybe there is already a thread about this but I missed it because I haven't been here for awhile so I'm sorry if I am duplicating threads. I just want to share how ridiculous it seemed to me when Baby Lisa's mother finally admitted she was drunk the night the baby went missing. All I could think when the news came out that she was trashed was, "Surprise, surprise." Does that make me "cynical"? Not sure the right word.

Now tonight I saw that she said "I was drinking, but it has nothing to do with my daughter's disappearance," Can you believe the utter denial? Really?? So being so $hitfaced you blacked out has nothing to do with LOSING a 10-month old?

Please don't leave your babies with drunk people.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My mom told me about this yesterday. I don't have a TV yet. I was immediately cynical. I wouldn't want to be on that jury, when Lisa is found.

I do hope that she is alive and well, I guess I just doubt it.

Here is hoping that baby Lisa will be found and will be well.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chaotically Peaceful

This whole thing is unfolding just miles away from me. It all stinks like lies to me but I agree with you L2L...I wonder sometimes if I've just become so cynical about lies and drinking that I can't give people the benefit of the doubt anymore. It is so unlike the me of days gone by, but then that might be a good thing given the choices I made as that naive person.

It seems that all kinds of little details have come out about the mother and her choices. She is still legally married to a soldier in Iraq. She took Rx meds and drank "enough to be drunk". She now says that she hadn't seen Lisa since 6:40 pm instead of 10 pm. She won't let her sons be interviewed. Oh...and apparently authorities responded to a dumpster fire close to the house about 1 1/2 hours before the call came in about baby Lisa missing. Finally - look at the father in these interviews. He doesn't speak. He can barely look at the camera.

But then...maybe this is all viewed through a lens of recently acquired cynicism.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can't help but think that being "drunk" is cover to provide an alibi that mother "has no knowledge" of what happened to Lisa.

She might have been drunk, but I don't believe she has no idea what happened to Lisa. I understand blackouts, but I'm really skeptical that is what happened, here. It's just too convenient to say she was drunk, and therefore has no knowledge.

Just my take.

CLMI
Old 10-19-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think "time will out" as the saying goes......
Old 10-19-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank God my children are older, was what I thought.
Because I can't prove that their father is ********* when they're with him, I can't prevent them from going to his house.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My favorite line of her was, something to the effect of-I don't think alcohol changes a person that much.

Those weren't her exact words, but the jist of what she was saying.

WOW.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

what I DON'T understand is NOT checking on a 10 month old baby you put down for sleep at 6:40PM...not checking? not opening the bedroom door to see if she kicked the covers off? is wet?, is the room too cool, too hot?? it's instinctive to check your child...even if you have a baby monitor.