feeling guilty

Old 10-18-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling guilty

I posted earlier about what has been going on. My stbxah is being criminally charged with threat to commit a crime on my daughter. I know I am doing the right thing but i am really struggling with this. He is going to have this on his record for the rest of his life. Then I think of ky poor kids that have dealt with him for a long time. The yelling. The drunkeness. The verbal abuse to me and them. It was getting worse so I had to put my kids first.

They have their whole life in front of them. I don't want them in the same situation I was in for 23 years. Married 20.

These guilty feelings have to go away. I just want to cry because I should have done it 5 years ago when I first changed the locks.

Then yesterday I found out he has been with another woman even before I filed divorce and got the RO. He always accused me of cheating he was accusing me cuz he was the one cheating.

I know its right what I'm doing but my emotions still get the beat of me. Uugghhh.

Think I will go to sleep tomorrow is another day. Can't wait to see ky psycholgist on Friday. I hope tomorrow is better.

Thanks all for listening.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just wanted you to know you were heard, understood and I think you are doing the right thing of taking care of you (with all of it).
Old 10-18-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For what it's worth, I think you are doing the right thing as well.

Having this on his record forever is his doing, not yours. You are just doing your job as a mother. Protecting your children who have no choice in this.

I know how hard it is though having to make that call on someone you love.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

In my opinion, your feelings are just, coming from an alchy, it really is the best thing. Take care of #1 and her offspring. A mothers primal instinct. I salute you for that.