Notices

new here

Old 10-17-2011, 09:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here

hi im Jade and ive come to this site in hopes to gain more knowledge and understanding of alcoholism and recovery. I myself have battled alcoholism for many years. Three years of my life i can barely remember and i got way out of control. In the last year i got into exercise and cutting back on the alcohol and have been tryin to get my life back on track. I met a very special guy six months ago thru a mutual friend and learned that he had just come out of treatment for alcoholism. We became really close and i decided when we started dateing officially three months ago that i am going to stop drinking completely. It was a giant step for me to take. So saying that it has been somewhat of challenge for me since i am not attending a program while in my own recovery. My bf attends his meetings every week and i am so proud of him. i have learned so much thru him and we are so supportive of eachother. It has been great. There are times when i am super confused with emotions and feelings that arise from stuff we are goin thru that i am hoping for some support and understanding thru this site. So not only i but he can understand aswell as we are both going thru lots of changes. i look forward to making some new friends on this site so feel free to say hello. thanks for listening!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR sweetjade
Great to have you with us

D
Old 10-17-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome sweetjade!

I'm glad you decided to join......It really does help to have support, and it's wise to have our own plan for recovery independent of a significant other. You'll find lots of information and inspiration here!

Congrats to the both of you for getting sober!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome!
Old 10-18-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome xx
Old 10-18-2011, 09:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((sweetjade))) - Welcome to SR!! This site has been a huge part of my recovery, as there are so many people here who "get" what it's like to walk in our shoes.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy