OT "New neighbors" and domestic violence..

Old 10-16-2011, 10:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

OT "New neighbors" and domestic violence..

Today I was so sad, sickened and hurt ... spent first night in a "new house"... (long story short my mom has already spent there two weeks temporarily) was exhausted, slept at 1 am... sound asleep then at 4 am some LOUD MUSIC starts, really sad music ... I of course am totally angry about people who don't know MINIMUM RESPECT FOR OTHERS... then I started listening some shouting, I believe the music was to mask the fact the man was beating the woman he yelled at her horrible words, I felt as if I was the one there. I finally concluded I did not have to hear that and went to the other room with my mom, it was slightly better.

I spent this day sad and frightened and I don't even know if I can call the police. I don't know the number and am afraid to walk there. At least I can still leave and live somewhere else. (I decided maybe it was time to buy but am in no position to buy anything decent so I took the decision to keep renting). My mom leaves in 4 days. A policeman told us not to walk

Now today I am still in my old room, and the landlord is shouting at her son... 12 am... oh and today at the supermarket ? two men in line were almost about to punch each other for something stupid ......

I just need a place where I can rest and have peace. (While I prepare to get my degree and live somewhere a bit safer, although I know all this happens everywhere.)

My mom told me God is in charge of such people and everyone is paying karma and I am not sure if I need to report this or not to the "safety guard", or the police? The guard himself told us not to walk some more steps over a certain area at night because "a bad thing happened".

I told my mom I was scared and was moving ASAP and she told me "no its not that bad! just don't get out at night..". I thought she is insane and then felt bad thinking she does not care about me or my safety fortunately she called me tonight and told me it was not worth saving money and to look for somewhere else safer and if I needed money for the rent she would give me a bit.

An intense day. Hugs welcome. I recall barb reported a DV episode to the police but they don't work like that over here. I don't know. I might give the general directions, an anonymous call. I don't feel good doing nothing. Although over here laws suck and there is discrimination against women (ridiculous things like if the bruise is not X size big it does not count as violence)

Thank you for letting me vent and please send good vibes so I find a safe place, for 10 months as I will do everything possible to leave the country... another option is moving with my mom as soon as she finds a house (in another city). Not optimal for my sanity but at least we can take care of each other

Still sad and stressed and can't stop crying
Old 10-16-2011, 11:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Big hugs to you. I think when you've been in a situation where violence, whether physical or emotional or verbal, your threshold for what's frightening and/or acceptable in your surroundings drops several hundred feet.

My neighbors fight, too. I've accepted that I can't safely walk farther than my car at night. To me, it's acceptable because I am safe in my apartment, and I've gotten far enough in treatment of the PTSD that resulted from my marriage that I can handle the neighbors. But my kids? They're in my bed faster than greased lightning when the neighbors go at it.

I have no advice for you. My gut says you need to feel safe in order to heal. But if that is not possible, it's just not. My heart goes out to you, though. Your fear and pain is so raw in your post. I don't know where you are, exactly, but I wish you could get out of there faster.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

oh dear -
i can't stand being around angry or violent people - it scares me horribly!!!

prayers you will be able to find another place soon and prayers for the woman that she will find a way out too!!!!

sending you lots of thoughts of peace, strength, comfort and joy -
and of course lots and lots of
PINK HUGS,
Rita