Notices

Worried about tomorrow

Old 10-15-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Worried about tomorrow

My birthday is tomorrow. Turning 32. Friends are already calling and leaving messages of what we're doing. I love my friends...but I know where going out with them will lead me. Especially my bestie. I'm only 2 days sober (again) and know what I'm capable of, so I know to stay home with my dog and watch movies...It just kinda sucks, and already getting that "feeling", which I know will pass. Still sucks though.

It's much more important for me to stay sober, and I keep reminding myself of that. I think I should just turn my cell off, so I don't worry about it so much. Ugh...just aggitated and venting, so thanks for reading.

Have a good weekend!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday buddy.
I don't really have any words of wisdom about your situation. Do what makes you happy.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

the last 5 sober birthdays have been the best of my life
Do something that you like to do - just don't involve alcohol or people who'll expect you to drink

D
Old 10-15-2011, 08:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's your day to choose whatever is in your best interest...
Remember this will be your first sober bD in awhile...Enjoy!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you, and ha haa...I don't have any words of wisdom either.
Um.. well....eh..nope. Nothin'.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day how YOU want to enjoy it.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Bozboz...stay strong on the importance you being sober...please put that first..it has to matter the MOST.

Happy Birthday
Old 10-16-2011, 01:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Have a happy sober birthday. There's so much more to life than just going out drinking. If your friends are true friends they will respect your decision to not drink.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bozboz View Post
My birthday is tomorrow. Turning 32. Friends are already calling and leaving messages of what we're doing. I love my friends...but I know where going out with them will lead me. Especially my bestie. I'm only 2 days sober (again) and know what I'm capable of, so I know to stay home with my dog and watch movies...It just kinda sucks, and already getting that "feeling", which I know will pass. Still sucks though.

It's much more important for me to stay sober, and I keep reminding myself of that. I think I should just turn my cell off, so I don't worry about it so much. Ugh...just aggitated and venting, so thanks for reading.

Have a good weekend!
Firstly... Happy Birthday! Mine is today & I have had a great sober weekend filled with being active outdoors (lots of walks & tennis games) and lunch & dinner out (east Indian curries.. it was awesome).

I actually went & changed my B Day date on Facebook as I didn't want a bunch of people contacting me to go out. I have a plan to have lunch with friends & go for a bike ride by the ocean afterwards. Dinner I am playing safe with my father & girlfriend somewhere nice. It feels so good to be straight & not have 5 day after B Day party hangovers :day6

Maybe you can get some friends together & go out to a movie together & hook up at a coffee shop afterwards. Its your B Day so you should be able to call the shots. Maybe a few movies at your place is the ticket, only you know where you are at.

Have an awesome day & just dont pick up that first drink my friend.

All of the best ~ NB
Old 10-16-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all of you SO much. It has been a great weekend so far, (aside from working all weekend) I took my dog for a walk last night and this morning before work, and made plans with my parents and sister instead of going out with my friends.

The weird thing about my friends, is that when you're only on your third day of being sober, you don't know who you can actually trust and I can't take any chances this soon. Just as Debsam said, I must put that first.

Thank you all again so much, and NB :day2, I hope your Birthday is as great as mine has been! Sounds like you have great plans!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

:day2