Notices

Hi

Old 10-15-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

Good Morning I am a brand new member to your cozy site just stumbled on it yesterday while researching the effects of alcohol on the female libido as it turns out it has a drastically negative effect although most confuse it with a lack of inhibition which in the short run is a benefit mostly for the male...lol at any rate the point is that I wish one of the people I have recently delt with in rehab and mental health services had pointed out the primary reason people drink is because it lifts serotonin levels in the brain and since most peoples serotonin levels are low for the most part it is a huge drive to lift it in anyway possible. I always was a bit of a science nut and love to find out the scientific component to why we do what we do if possible
Old 10-15-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I must admit I am very new at chats and such so any help in finding the new members would be gratefully appreciated
Old 10-15-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would also like to know how I can add a pic to my profile I really like some of the ones I have seen
Old 10-15-2011, 09:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

I moved you to a thread of your own... so more members will see you and reply. I hope you don't mind.

Last edited by CarolD; 10-15-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-15-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome dbowers!

Glad you're here! I did a lot of reading too when I first got sober - it's too bad there isn't more education about alcohol/drugs in high school (of course it's been a while since I was there!).

Most of the newcomers post in this section of the forum (Newcomers to Recovery) so you're in the right place. I believe you can select an avatar by going to "User CP" (top left-hand side of each page). It doesn't take long to figure things out around here, really.

I assume you're here because of issues with alcohol/drugs? If so, this is a great place to find inspiration and support.....
Old 10-15-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome dbowers
Artsoul's covered most of the admin stuff lol

There's a science thread somewhere in the Secular Connections forum you may be interested in
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...d-edition.html

D

Last edited by Dee74; 10-15-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: add link
Old 10-15-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to a very support cyber family.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome!

I have an allergy of the body and an obsession of the mind....

AA saved my life.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hello and welcome! I too love to read up about science and social psychology.

My recent favourite was finding out about zombie snails!!! True story, google it
Old 10-16-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow what a nice surprise to read all the welcoming comments this morning. I am still having trouble downloading Java to get into the chat rooms maybe my hubby can help me later today. Yes I am here to learn how to cope with life or more precisely living a happy constructive life without the aid of drugs or alcohol. It is quite an uphill battle with a few precious moments of reprieve when my mind gets so tired of demanding to use that it gives me a break before finding a new insidious, cunning, baffling way to sway me to pick up. I love you all so much for being here to lean on and turn to for encouragement and support as well as good sites for information. I will check them all out because the more you know the better armed you are to fight this battle. I am off to church will post more later...thanks to carol for moving my post to this newcomers board...