Notices

1st Sober Friday

Old 10-14-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st Sober Friday

I've drank every Friday & Saturday night for the last 19 years. Also drank many nights of the weeks for quite awhile but never missed a Friday or Saturday. Stopped before leaving town after work and got healthy foods for the weekend and no beer. There is alcohol in the house but so far I'm doing okay. So far hubby has said nothing about me not drinking tonight. Kind of anxious about going to aa meeting tomorrow but still planning to go. Hope all the other 1st Friday nighters are doing okay.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done.
Any time that I am not drinking and there is booze in the house if beckons me.

Congrats.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your first sober Friday I'm week 5 and the first weekend was the toughest. Get through this one and it gets a little easier each weekend. Do things out of the norm and keep busy. Best of luck and again congrats to you horsekisses
Old 10-14-2011, 08:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats! My first Friday night as well, and this Sunday will be my first B-day without drinking in 17 years. Instead of going out to party with my friends, I'll be hanging out with my dog watching movies.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very proud of you horsekisses - that's wonderful news. You too bozboz, great job!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's great! Congrats!

I do better without it in the house as well. It's just too much temptation. Weekends is my weakness too. But I'm in the 5th weekend now and not a drop. Good luck and distractions is a good way to go.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done horsekisses, my first Friday too, week days don't bother me so much, but tonight is tough, I have the thirst but it will be gone tomorrow I hope!! Let's stay strong!,,

Ps had 2 leave work early and avoid bar scene, proud I have a film and pizza and SR

Last edited by Philomena; 10-14-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Ps
Old 10-14-2011, 11:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Hope everything went OK tonight!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats to all of you! Yes, I miss Friday's, but I do like waking up on Saturday mornings feeling great compared to how I use to feel on Sat. mornings. I just had 90 days this past Thursday and I'm still doing okay on College Football Saturdays and NFL Sundays.
I would drink all day and into the night on those days.

Paul
Old 10-14-2011, 11:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome to SR, Paul!

Feel free to start a new thread to introduce yourself. Congratulations on your 90 days, that is quite the accomplishment!
Old 10-15-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Made it through a Friday night at home. Husband had 2 beers but I didn't. Spent the night crying over things I have done in the past, so this morning I have a swollen face and headache. I guess all that matters is that I didn't drink.
We're off on a road trip to my old hometown this morning - teetotallers' party and no alcohol opportunity, which is good.
Back Sunday, then the work week is relatively easier.

Hope everyone has a good weekend..

Jeannie
Old 10-15-2011, 07:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

1st friday

Made it thru 1st friday night alcohol free. Was tired went to bed early but didn't get much sleep last night. Can't seem to shut my head off. Today will attend my first AA meeting in many years. Check back in later. Everyone have a good day.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats. Yesterday was my first Friday and today is my first Saturday morning. I can't put into words how great it feels to not be hungover today.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bozboz View Post
Congrats! My first Friday night as well, and this Sunday will be my first B-day without drinking in 17 years. Instead of going out to party with my friends, I'll be hanging out with my dog watching movies.
Awesome! Enjoy your movies!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Philomena View Post
Well done horsekisses, my first Friday too, week days don't bother me so much, but tonight is tough, I have the thirst but it will be gone tomorrow I hope!! Let's stay strong!,,

Ps had 2 leave work early and avoid bar scene, proud I have a film and pizza and SR
Congratulations! Hope you enjoyed your film - and pizza is alway yummy
Old 10-15-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaulG47 View Post
Congrats to all of you! Yes, I miss Friday's, but I do like waking up on Saturday mornings feeling great compared to how I use to feel on Sat. mornings. I just had 90 days this past Thursday and I'm still doing okay on College Football Saturdays and NFL Sundays.
I would drink all day and into the night on those days.

Paul
Welcome to SR - it is a wonderful place! 90 days is really great. I bet it is also fun to remember all the football games; not just see the scores the next day
Old 10-15-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by horsekisses View Post
Made it thru 1st friday night alcohol free. Was tired went to bed early but didn't get much sleep last night. Can't seem to shut my head off. Today will attend my first AA meeting in many years. Check back in later. Everyone have a good day.
Good Job! I know you were struggling earlier in the week but you stayed strong - always inspires me. Glad to here that you're going to an AA meeting. Can't wait to hear how it went.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mwstylee View Post
Congrats. Yesterday was my first Friday and today is my first Saturday morning. I can't put into words how great it feels to not be hungover today.
Isn't it great? This is my first "unhungover" Saturday in a long time too! It does feel unbelievable. Congratuations your first Friday! Keep us posted this weekend! Enjoy your day!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

1st morning after

You are right. It had been a good morning. Got up early even though I didn't sleep well. I've already moved panels, put out hay and shut horses in arena so hubby can fertilize pastures. I cleaned things out of garage and loading in pickup to take to town. Haven't been quite so productive in awhile. After the noon meeting plan to go get horse feed and a potted plant for my office. Now off to clean up for meeting.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yeah ! A morning of no retreats, sore head or total sadness, first Friday night done, well done everyone!! Happier today.