Notices

Day 5: Turned down wine last night

Old 10-14-2011, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Day 5: Turned down wine last night

After my much debated "victory" of being able to have just one glass of wine, I decided to forgo any inner debate at all and simply turned down wine last night. Wasnt hard to do. Just said "No Thanks." Sipped on some tea instead. Didnt bother me one bit actually. The real challenge, however, is this that it is Friday and the weekend is here. The weekend is when I drink and I was looking back on this past year of my life reflecting and I realized that I pretty much drank every weekend. Not every weekend was a black out drunk weekend, but it involved me drinking some sort of alcohol. And for no reason in particular. Just because. Just because it was the weekend and society has made it acceptable to believe that this is what the weekend is for. Relaxing, letting off some steam from a long weeks work, and having some drinks. I have never had a reason not to drink (dont have kids or any serious responsibilities) so I would just drink. Its not that I craved alcohol by Friday, I just drank because that is what I have always done since I was in my early 20's. So here we are, its Friday, and my goal for this weekend is a sober one. I have already made a list of things I want to do this weekend that dont involve drinking and I think my boyfriend is on board so we will see what happens. We will see if this is in fact a challenge, or something I could and should have been doing all along but never did because I had no desire or reason to. I will keep you all posted! I hope everyone has a safe, happy, and healthy weekend as well!
Old 10-14-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for turning down the wine. Good luck this weekend. I know it will be hard if your use to drinking around this time of the week. Stay strong and don't go to any place that you will be craving alcohol.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks! Definitely not going to any bars this weekend thats for sure!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Sara, well done on turning down the alcohol last night. I would like to apologise to you for my previous post - I have re-read it and unfortunately the tone was rather harsh. I think the reason why I said the things I did is because I recognised my own thought patterns in what you were saying. And I don't want to go back to that.

However, you are your own person and your path to moderate drinking or abstinance is for you to discover. I know SR has been an awesome resource for me, please stick around longer than I did my first time round - these people know what they are talking about! Take care.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks 30Sober! I think part of what makes this forum so helpful is being about to hear other peoples experiences and learn a little bit from everyone!