when will the pain go away?

Old 10-13-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

when will the pain go away?

When will the pain go away?

After our divorce my addict xhusband had me fooled he was a changed man and totally clean. 4 days later he proved not. It has been lies and broken promises ever since. And crazy me is surprised everytime. Finally, after crying all day Saturday and an emotional Sunday I have seen the light. I am done. No more contact. He doesn't hear anything I say anyways. He has demonized me and blames me for everything. He seems insane and totally irrational to me. I have educated myself. I get it. This is how an addict operates, but it hurts so bad. I still love him. And here I am thinking about contacting him tonight after I promised I wouldn't do so. I keep thinking he will come back to me. I am the one who is a bit delusional as well. It just hurts. It really is like a death.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your pain. I think that the time and space will do you well and help you to begin to heal. It isn't going to be easy because he is a habit to you and it takes time to break a habit. Everytime you have the urge to contact him do something else for 20 min. That may help. Take care of you.

Hugs
Old 10-13-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry that you are in so much pain right now, trust me I can relate. There isn't anything that anyone can say to make the you feel better so I'm not going to try. Just try to take small steps at a time and eventually they will add up to a big accomplishment. To me it is still a constant battle with myself to not contact my ex, but after I realize its been so many hours/days and I've made it that far, somehow it gets a little easier. But know that we are here for you and if you have the urge to talk to him, just post here...that's what I have been doing
Old 10-13-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Speaking from personal experience.....the pain will go away as time goes on.

Tomorrow will be just weee bit easier.
Next week will seem just a bit lighter.

Any time to you need to let out the grief, you can come here.....we are always open!
Old 10-14-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TMZ

I don't know if it does ever totally go away, I am still kind of new to this to.
But I do find a new kind of peace and joy just not having to deal with the A lies and disruptions. I am slowly getting a life back.

When your feeling down or need someone to talk to were here.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The less contact, the better. 5 days for me and no word...life is getting a little more peaceful. This Sunday will be two weeks sence he moved out. I don't know how long it takes...I know if I don't enable him he'll stay away and get help when he is ready. So I'm putting my sanity as a first priority and hoping he won't try anything. I just need some major space and so does my marriage. It's funny half the time I'm crying because he hasn't called me in 5 days and half the time I am overjoyed at not having to deal with the conundrum of vipers.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Story,
My ex is not an addict, but he broke my heart. I too keep leading myself into areas that I KNOW will hurt, but yet I do. I don't know why we do that.

Very recently I realized that I was still needing the contact with the man and the relationship that was there before he hurt ( and left) me. That person no longer exists, so I can't have was isn't there.

I find myself daily thinking about the "us" that was, not the reality of what is. So I'm now determined to stay in reality. I know had things not gone sour, we would have had a good life. But that isn't reality.

Its baby steps for me too.

I hope this helped a little. Keep posting and always remember we're here when you need an ear.

(((hugs)))