Notices

stinkin thinkin

Old 10-13-2011, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

stinkin thinkin

I haven't had alcohol since Monday night. I don' t have desire to drink tonight. But am already starting to think it would be okay to drink this weekend and start again Monday. I know that is crazy, but think about having bll one more time. Which would turn into all weekend. Want to go right to the bll and not play the game that vodka wouldn't be as bad. I know it will not get better if I continue to think this way. I really didn't plan to stop drinking this week when I found this forum. I have posted more than I ever thought I would, and about things that I wouldn't tell anyone. I have read a lot on here and can really relate to it.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I hope that you can get through the day.

I don't know what a bll is??
Old 10-13-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

bll

Bud light lime. If I make it to Saturday still plan on making myself go to town for the ladies meeting.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Horsekisses,

It sort of reads like you have made up your mind to have your Bll, you drink light beer!!!!
Hope you make that meeting.

All the best
CaiHong
Old 10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

light beer

Yes I drink light beer, so maybe I'm not alcoholic after all.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by horsekisses View Post
LOL....^^^^That was good..

I am picking up what you are puttin down.

I have a huge event in the dunes with about 100 friends and I KNOW that I am gonna drink. I even considered canceling the trip but I already have too much invested.

Good luck..Let us know which route you decided to take on Monday.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking's either a problem or it's not, imo...

I spent of lot of years sitting on the fence, denying what I was doing to myself...basically trying to see how much I could get away with.

Often it got away with me...that one last night or one last weekend was in fact a week a month, or in one case 2 years.

If we want changes in our life, I think we need to be prepared to make changes in other areas too, otherwise nothings really going to change...

we talk a lot about what we have invested in our social lives, but how much are we investing in our well-being?

D
Old 10-13-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

darn

I haven't given in to drinking this weekend. That is why I'm here posting. Trying to be honest with myself about what I'm thinking and feeling. And hoping for some real inspiration from others. Glad you liked the joke.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I haven't had alcohol since Monday night. I don' t have desire to drink tonight. But am already starting to think it would be okay to drink this weekend and start again Monday. I know that is crazy, but think about having bll one more time. Which would turn into all weekend. Want to go right to the bll and not play the game that vodka wouldn't be as bad. I know it will not get better if I continue to think this way. I really didn't plan to stop drinking this week when I found this forum. I have posted more than I ever thought I would, and about things that I wouldn't tell anyone. I have read a lot on here and can really relate to it.

Just out of curiosity - what do you really gain or get from having another bll if you plan to quit on Monday? Does it taste that good?

Over the years I've convinced myself so many times (almost every Thursday) that I'd just enjoy drinking through the weekend and then stop on Monday. Convinced myself that I really needed to have a big sendoff to drinking and then it would be easier to quit - somehow I didn't think I'd miss it as much.

In hindsight it never was easier... It only got harder. I would have a hangover on Monday so I'd quit and then by Thursday I'd be feeling better and the vicious, sad cycle would start again.

Remind yourself that you've already had tons of bll - You know what they taste like. You know what they do to you. Do they ever enhance your life? Do you ever feel really good/proud the next day?

You can hang tough and not drink tonight! I know you have it in you! Do you have anything to distract you right now? Keep posting and let us know how you're doing

Tonight is a super hard night for me! This is where I always fail - I'll be on and off all evening so make sure to check in. Checking in here will be tons more fun than the laundry that I have to do LOL !
Old 10-13-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

horsekisses, I'm in the same boat and I hate it, the darn weekends can be challenging, especially when everybody else is drinking. We're having a party this weekend (planned far in advance) and DH will be drinking (he's a normy, drinks very little and about twice a year) and he never noticed I'm trying to quit..... He just recently mentioned going out to get some for Saturday, ugh. Good luck to you, I hope we'll both be sober all weekend.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

maybe you're only half an alcoholic!

All I know is that as long as I want to drink/drug, or indulge in any one of my other several addictions, more than I want to change my life and future, I will choose those things over my life and future. The trick is to work on making my life and future one that I want. round and round it goes.

Yesterday I was so up, then a misunderstanding with a friend, and I came crashing down. I just wanted to use...because everything is the same anyway...but something inside me went "nudge, nudge...psst, it's NOT the same"...that's what some clean time and a little recovery does to me, injects some honesty in there so it's hard to really get a good pity party on, hard to go out with the same kind of gusto that I did before.

I swear, when I went to work this morning, I planned on drinking when I got home, but I got busy, and by the time I came home, I didn't "need" to so much. I got home and came on here, and now I know I don't "need" to at all...so, making new plans for this evening.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

friday

The last three nights have not been as hard as I thought they would be, so maybe tomorrow night won't be either. I did ask hubby what he had planned for tomorrow night. Told him I was trying not to drink and was trying to think of something to do. He said I could go help him paint and he would buy me whatever I wanted to drink. He doesn't have drinking problem, but its really about him getting his sex. He likes it better when I drink, we had this same problem several years ago when I tried to stop.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Omg, that's funny (but it's not) my hubby does that too, brings me home a bottle occassionally (for his own special reasons). I have to say he does support me when I tell him I'm cutting down or trying to quit, but sometimes he can't help but ask "Why can't you just have a few?" He'll be asking me that on Saturday, and I can't asnswer that!! I don't know why!!