Notices

AA meeting - member's relapse

Old 10-13-2011, 01:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AA meeting - member's relapse

If ever there was an example of why not to go back out there, I experienced it first hand. Unfortunately, a guy who has done just that came to the meeting I was in (I mean it's unfortunate he relapsed, not unfortunate he came to the meeting), he was absoloutely wasted, had peed himself, vomit down his jumper I feel really sad.

There was a number of old timers who it didn't seem to affect - I guess they've seen it all before. For me, it was a stark reminder as to why I can't take that first drink. It also sprialled off a load of memories of my Dad, who died of alcoholism. The total rubbish that was coming out of his mouth - it reminded me so much of my Dad and I was right back to being a small, scared child in a matter of moments - how does that happen? The smell, his attitude, everything made me scared
Old 10-13-2011, 02:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm just glad the guy had sense enough to come to a place where he could get some help

I'm sorry it unsettled you tho ttbp - I hope you feel a little better now.

D
Old 10-13-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

They should had take him to the ER. If someone is vomiting from alcohol then he could had alcohol poison.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If ever there was an example of why not to go back out there, I experienced it first hand.

Then it was a good meeting for you. One of the things that helps me stay sober is going to meetings and hearing (and in your case seeing) the experiences of others. Otherwise I might forget how miserable alcohol makes my life and think, "I've been sober a long time, I can drink now, this time it will be different."

It's good that the guy came to your meeting, hopefully he didn't drive there.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh gosh that makes me so sad. I hope he finds a way back. . . but thank you for sharing. I'm on day 4, right around the time I always start thinking that I can control myself. Not this time. I will stay strong through the weekend, I have to!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Landminesgirl, you will stay strong and succeed, simply because you can. Enjoy your journey to a new you, it's about time, isn't it?