Notices

Days....

Old 10-11-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~sb

Post Days....

My using day: barely wake-up-late, body perspiration smells ugh! shower, still smell ugh! brush teeth and tongue, ewe, get ill, stumble around, forget something, feed cat, hopefully the bowl made it to the floor (she won't get on kitchen counter!), find coat, run to bus, out of breath, next stop miss bus by about 45 seconds, watch it go away, stand, wait for next bus.....get to work, headache, barely function, stink up office, be told the one thing I did wrong......end of work: resume missing bus by 45 seconds, wait 30 minutes, next bus, miss by 30 seconds, plan purchase make sure I can drink, if I get this bus, cross street, run back, I can make it home, get home, find cat bowl on kitchen counter uneaten, OOPS!, drink, stumble over cat--cat hides, sit on butt, watch tv, stumble to kitchen for more, drink, repeat until pass out in front of loud tv, lights on, and a messy home.

Today, laundry is done, home is basically clean, dinner waiting for preperation (always cook by scratch, one meal at a time), went to 7 am meeting, talked outside for over an hour with 2 people. One sought me out to discuss his brain tumor situation and incoming money for social security, doesn't trust some other people *(trust??!!! me? WOW!)* and the woman is two weeks new, impending court date on November 8 and I'm going for emotional support. I don't really know her, but why not go....while talking, random neighbor walks over and asks about the "person who runs this place" and we talk, he has a low cost laptop for sale.... yeah!!! Thanks HP! I'm (hopefully) buying it next week (my hands are so happy for my thumb-typer), get home, chill, eat breakfast, shower, curl hair, put on make-up (what?! --sounds like Craig Ferguson's what? on his late night show) feed cat AFTER washing bowls.

All ok and secure so I leave for mall survey place, make 5 more bucks taking survey, get back on bus making it shortly before it arrives AGAIN, get to library to get random computer NEXT to my ol' boyfriend (what!!?!), leave after printing needed paperwork, get to metro, run into AA pal stuck with no fare, find $3, hand it to him (I never have money), get up to metro train and run into antoher AA'er I don't know, but we start talking until train gets to my stop, get food at grocery store, get to AA office, answer phones and type on a REAL computer. Now.

Since I've been sober, I don't think I've missed more than a few buses....and the day turned out interestingly anyway!!

Ain't Life Beautiful??
Old 10-11-2011, 02:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I certainly know which life and which me I prefer - thanks SB

D
Old 10-11-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

That's awesome Sugarbear. Thank you for a great example of what sobriety can do. It's very motivating.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That was great Sugar - you gave me a big smile.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The differences between 'then' and 'now' are huge and wonderful. I'm so glad I'm no longer stumbling around the house, ignoring the dogs' needs, and making a mess and a fool of myself. I love my sober life!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow!!!......what a completely opposite life! Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you had a good day.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sugarbear,

You are such an inspiration, and just another example of how lives can be transformed. Thank you!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great post sugarbear,

I could so relate, chores used to take 3 times as long, now I clean as I go.
Good on you.

CaiHong
Old 10-11-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sugarbear...I was with you when you missed the bus and when you "caught the bus"...thanks for posting!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

awesome~thanks for sharing...how simple life can really be, when we make it that way
Old 10-11-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

This is 4 months & 28 days into sobriety. Time. Give time time.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing!