Suggestions on Teen drug using

Old 10-10-2011, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Let go and Let God!

Suggestions on Teen drug using

I am not sure if this is right forum or not. I have been browsing this site for a while. I will give a little background. I am over 8 years clean. I started using when I was 12 yrs old. I was in rehab twice at age 14 and at age 22. I got reconnected with a wonderful man a couple of months ago. He went back to using and went to prison for 4 years. He has been out of prison over a year now and is working the program.

He has three children, 17, 14, and 8. He called me Saturday all upset, because his ex-wife called him stating the 14 yr old is using drugs. He didn't know what to do. I offered what I knew helped me at that age. I suggested rehab or filing unruly charges against her. I also stated that what was hard for me, at that age, was returning back to school with the same group of people. He knows my story and agreed with what I said. He called his ex-wife and stated that he knew they couldn't afford rehab, but suggested she file unruly charges on the 14 yr old. The ex went crazy. She said there is no way she could ever do that to her daughter and she will handle it herself. The problem is that we think the daughter is getting the drugs from her mom. He doesn't have custody of the daughter so there isn't much he can do. He did state that he was going to talk to the daughter when she comes down next weekend.

Does anyone have any experience with this? What can we do to help this child? I know she has to hit her bottom, but she is so young. We also don't want her exposing drugs to his other kids or to my kids.

Him and I are just beside ourselves in what to do. I know what I would do if it was my child. My 13 yr old has been told that if I ever find out she is using drugs she will be pulled out of public schools and put in a private school. She would have to go through rehab and teen meetings. My boyfriend can't do that due to money and not having custody.

Sorry this is so long, but I had to get it out there.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I don't have enough experience to offer advice on this specific matter.
Other people will be along to share their personal ES&H (Experience, Strength, and Hope) and what they have done in similar situations.

I do have plenty of hugs, though. I know you're hurting, and it really is difficult to deal with a situation like this. Dealing with any loved one with an addiction problem will seem to spin the entire world upside-down and around on its head.
I'm glad you found us, although sorry for the circumstances that brought you here.
You're not alone.