Notices

Day 8 still feeling strong

Old 10-08-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Day 8 still feeling strong

Today is my 8th day sober and I am feeling great! Yesterday was a little difficult and I'll go ahead and tell you why. My oldest daughter moved out about 4 years ago, not on good terms. I have been storing a bunch of her clothes and other things all this time. Yesterday I decided it was time to go through all of the stuff and get it cleaned up and consolidated into fewer boxes. While going through everything a whole bunch of emotions got stirred up I didn't even know were there. I really miss my girl and while I was drinking I didn't feel the hurt I still have. Obviously she is not why I was drinking but I realized that it was one of the things I've been keeping suppressed for quite some time. Kind of nice to start to feel real emotions again!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I agree with your thought.

It's bittersweet to begin to start feeling all the stuff that you've been running from for so long.

I'm glad you're doing well!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know that must have bought a lot of mixed emotions wyldwest.

I think the important thing to remember is who you are right now - you're sorting stuff out and doing great.

Being sober helped put me in a position to make amends for a lot of stuff - I hope that maybe down the track you and your daughter will patch things up

D