Notices

Can't believe what I have done because of my addiction

Old 10-08-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Can't believe what I have done because of my addiction

Hi - I am new to this site and posting. I don't know how I got to this point in my life and I am scared. In December I had an abortion and my life has gone down hill from there. Everytime I got sad, loney, anxious I would pop a pill. Soon 1 turned into 2 and so on. It got to the point that I am spending $200 a week on pills. I have lost my job, I have lost my boyfriend, my best friend and I am about to lose my house. I have tried to stop and I just can't. I am looking into rehab facilites but it is hard when you can't afford it. I am just scared and I don't know what else to do. Has anybody ever hit rock bottom like this? If so how did you handle it?
Old 10-08-2011, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by metajolost View Post
Hi - I am new to this site and posting. I don't know how I got to this point in my life and I am scared. In December I had an abortion and my life has gone down hill from there. Everytime I got sad, loney, anxious I would pop a pill. Soon 1 turned into 2 and so on. It got to the point that I am spending $200 a week on pills. I have lost my job, I have lost my boyfriend, my best friend and I am about to lose my house. I have tried to stop and I just can't. I am looking into rehab facilites but it is hard when you can't afford it. I am just scared and I don't know what else to do. Has anybody ever hit rock bottom like this? If so how did you handle it?
No better time then now, if you have nothing, then you have nothing to lose except your addiction. Sometimes it takes a wake up call, who knows, if you work hard enough and want it bad enough, you can get all of these material things(and even your boyfriend back, given the circumstances) but it's you're decision to make. What type of pills were you taking?
Old 10-08-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I got hooked on percocets. I am taking up to (on a bad day) 8 - 10mg pills a day. I want to beat this addiction so bad but it is sooo hard. I have tried before but it never lasted long.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Please check this page out:

Free drug rehab. Salvation Army free alcohol and drug treatment

Then contact your local Salvation Army, if you feel you are ready for help.

It is free and they have a pretty darn good recovery rate.

Love and hugs,
Old 10-08-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope you get the help you need to get clean and sober before you lose anything else.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much. I will look into them and see if they will help.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Metajolost,

I haven't experienced a rock bottom that entails losing my family or my home, but instead a loss of any joy or self-respect. Please don't let it go on any longer. Don't make the mistake that I did by continuing an alcohol addiction for over 30 years. It gets worse, much worse. We are here for you - you are not alone
Old 10-08-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I wish it couldn't get any worse but it is. I am looking at a felony charge (until now I never even had a parking ticket) and restatuion (sp). It is so scary as I didn't even know it was that bad. Tomorrow I am having my family over to let them know what is going on as I have hid it very well. I lost the trust of everyone that was close to me. I let them down and myself.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome metajolost

I'm sorry for the troubles that bought you here, but you'll find a lot of support encouragement and ideas here.

There's hundreds of people here who've been where you are and they've turned their lives around

You might also like to check out our substance abuse forum here:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I'm glad you're letting your family know and trying to make good on your mistakes.
No matter whats happened in the past, today is the day that really matters

Keep us updated with what's happening
D
Old 10-08-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you make the choice to live a sober life.

Do check out the Salvation Army as they offer free rehab to anyone who wants it.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

AA & NA are free.

Welcome to SR. try taking 1 less for a while.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes I am doing this for myself as I don't like who I have become. Thanks for the info on the help. I am going to check them out now.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Signed up for NA meetings and requested a temporary contact to have them go with me for my first meeting.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats! Please let us know how it goes!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi metajolost and welcome to the forum!

There are millions of us out there - good people, smart people, rich, poor, etc. - who find themselves caught in addiction. The problem with addiction is that by the time we start thinking we really need to stop, we can't. Not on our own, anyway.

It takes courage to come here or go to NA/AA and it take courage to be honest with those who care about us. It's the best thing you can possibly do, though. It's OK to say "I'm not OK and I need help."

I hope you hang around - I'm sober today because the people here understood me and helped me face my fear...... If we can do it, I know you can too! :ghug3