Notices

So far so good...

Old 10-07-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So far so good...

Hi everybody! After lurking for a few weeks, I finally decided to join. I want to quit drinking on my own, my own terms (no groups, no meetings, no church, no mentor, etc.) but since I am here: I guess I need some help/reassurance. - Today is Day8 for me & honestly I actually just now feel sober. This past week is just a blur. I quit cold turkey after years of alcohol abuse & have plenty of withdrawal symptoms. You name it, I got it! It is getting better everyday though. Yesterday I had to go shopping & managed to NOT buy any bottles! I knew it wouldn't be just one beer or one glass of whatever ends up in the cart! - The hard part is that I don't have anybody to talk to, since I was very good at being sneaky when drinking & hiding my bottles. So nobody really knows that I am quitting because nobody knew that I was drinking like that! Anyway, I am here now, don't know what it will do for me, but just writing this into open space feels good. Thanx for listening!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you posted, and please know that you are not alone and you'll find lots of support here.

My first week sober was very tough too, and just doing minimal chores was all I could manage.

I'm glad that you're feeling better.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to our recovery family. I love your name, that's what I call my one little kitty.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Hi Rosey, and welcome to SR!
great job, 8 days and counting.

I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to join, and add to the wealth of recovery experience here.

I truly believe that all of us quit drinking/using on our own terms. We each choose to quit and choose the support that helps us accomplish that.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

Good to know you are heading into a sober future...
Old 10-07-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome NoseyRosey!

Good job on getting 8 days sober! This is a great place to get support/inspiration. I really don't think any of us can do this totally on our own - we need the help of others who have "been there."

Glad you got through detox and are starting to feel better. Take it one day at a time and stay close to SR - it makes it a lot easier!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi NoseyRosey and welcome to SR