Ordered Co Dependent No More....and...

Old 10-06-2011, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ordered Co Dependent No More....and...

So, today I ordered the "Co Dependent No More" book that everyone has been recommending and even ordered the workbook to go with it!!! My AH comes home tomorrow from out of town and I am planning on sharing with him my boundaries and goals for myself. Thanks for all the support mixed with a little bit of tough love.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'll be interested to hear your feedback on the book. The first time I sat down with it, I thought that I would highlight the parts that I connected with. After the first few pages were entirely highlighted in neon yellow, I put down the highlighter and just read.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 10-07-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I read it cover to cover. After I finished reading it, I went back and did the exercises and wrote the answers in my journal. It worked for me. I cried a lot doing the exercises.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by seekinganswrs View Post
So, today I ordered the "Co Dependent No More" book that everyone has been recommending and even ordered the workbook to go with it!!! My AH comes home tomorrow from out of town and I am planning on sharing with him my boundaries and goals for myself. Thanks for all the support mixed with a little bit of tough love.
Sorry, I am not tracking this, well.

What are your boundaries?
Old 10-07-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you! I think that Codependent No More is one of the best books out there - Melody Beattie is a genius! I also have the workbook and have been completing exercises from it over the past few months - it really reinforces the principles in the book and helps me stay on track. Journaling exercises really work for me - I can be honest with myself and not fear what others will think about how I am feeling, and I can go back and re-read what I have written and reflect on my feelings. Journaling is very therapeutic - it helps me see how far I have come, how much I have improved my own life, and it makes me feel good about myself.

Continue to use the workbook - you will be amazed with the results.

Melody Beattie's, The Language of Letting Go, is also a wonderful daily reader, and there is a matching workbook. If you are enjoying Codependent No More, you should definitely consider ordering this one as well.

Keep working on YOU!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What are your boundaries?
You may want to share them here first.... I found it really helpful to type mine out and get feedback on the wording etc. I view my boundaries as my personal code of ethics so it was important to me that they be clearly stated and enforceable.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Made a new thread with "background" and "boundaries" Please read. I know it's a lil long, but it's the first time I am really setting "concrete" boundaries in my life. I love my husband and want to see him well, but want to see me well, too and neither of us are becoming healthy like this!!!