Notices

Feeling compelled to admit it

Old 10-05-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling compelled to admit it

Hi gang, just went on vacation and there were triggers all around me, all day, every day... It actually wasn't THAT bad reminding myself that I don't drink anymore, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted. But...I did smoke pot. Which I haven't done in 10 years. Two of the littlest puffs I could, because I felt so guilty. I'm not sure what I was after, a little escape I suppose? It was fun and I enjoyed it, but I enjoyed the rest of my sober time equally. My addictive mind wants more, I realized that as soon as I did it, so I stopped right then. My addictive mind is telling me I can just do it on an occasional weekend, to relax, I'm telling it to shut the hell up, that weekends are relaxing enough.
I felt like I had to come clean to the community here, because at the end of the day, honesty is all we really have.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, it's very important to know that the addict voice will try to contol you, but you can recognize it for what it is and let it go.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's very easy to switch addictions - I lurched from drug to drug, and finally booze, until I finally realised the essential problem was me.

I'm glad you're aware and on top of it foodie
Welcome back

D