Notices

Struggling

Old 10-04-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling

Deamons and elephants are out on night 2.. dying for a drink but I think that I will walk the dog (4 miles) instead.. have the feeling that it is going to be a sleepless night.. but If I drink tonight what will that change in the morning I will just be hungover and a little less wealthy but all of the problems will still be there ......right
Old 10-04-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go for a walk...wash the dishes....anything. You will be so glad tomorrow that you didn't give into it. You are right, drinking won't make things better, and tomorrow not only will all the problems still be there, but you will have to deal with them while beating yourself up for having had a drink.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I remember those sleeplessness nights, yea man, do anything but drink, I took and still do take melatonin for sleep, it’s a great antioxidant and can help you sleep and is actually good for you, it can help get your sleeping patterns on track.

Melatonin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-04-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

I feel ya! I just had my last cig, hopefully. I stopped drinking May 16, last pot on the 12th.

Hang tight! Find an aa meeting for company. They've been there, too. Just to have people since we isolate. It does get better. I barely remember the bad stuff, but then again, I DO remember the fear, the emotions, the crap...

Today, I can do things so much better than when I was drinking. I controlled my drinking, but had to have 72 or more, rarely less, ounces of beer + pot just to sleep. I sleep better without it! Who knew!?

Hang tight! Ice cream helps...I couldn't have that with beer. Now I recall the nauseous morns, phlegm, stinking & reeking...getting ill...

I have great mornings, you can too! Stay stopped, you're worth it!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good luck with that last cig Sugar Bear!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

I am 1 hour in. I 12 stepped it, got to 9. I am on the list, so is the cat (step 8) so airing out me & everything has begun. I'll 10th step it when I get a craving. Thanks!

EDHARLEY, how you doing?