OT - Funny story!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - Funny story!

The other day I ran into a situation where I asked my SO if a quarter bottle of vodka was a lot (for someone to drink in one night). He said... it depends, was it a mickey or a 26 pounder?

I was just like.... how the heck should I know... I dont drink... I have no clue what the difference is between the two! I associate Mickey with "Mouse" and 26 pounder with weights!! I just told him it was a bottle slightly larger than a wine bottle... he was like oh... then ya that's a lot (for an 86 year old lady).

It's just funny that I have no idea what these alcohol terms mean. I've never known. I've never been into that scene. Sometimes I'm actually embarassed because I have no clue what he and some of the guys in recovery are talking about.

There was another time when a few of them were standing outside my SO's building and there's a little flower bed there that has a lot of rocks in it. One of the guys said he saw someone there the other day digging for "rock". I was like why did he have to dig? There's lots of rocks right on top there?!

They all just looked at me and were like... is she serious??? My SO had to explain what "rock" was... how embarassing. But I think they think it's cute that I know so little about "that" world.. My SO tells me it's a good thing and to never change. That's good because I don't think I will.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-03-2011, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have never heard any of those terms either, guess you just have to live that life, and man I'm glad I don't live that life!