Notices

Went to the doctor today

Old 09-30-2011, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went to the doctor today

Well, I went to the doctor today to get a blood test and also talk about my problem with binge on food. My blood test came back normal. I talk to him about my history and everything. The doctor believe I have ADHD. Because of my impulse control I do suffer. Because I do suffer with mild depression, I use alcohol to help with it. That's where the impulse control went to and before that it was eating very little and when I was very young it was eating a lot. I was really over weight when I was really young. I'm 29 now.

Doctor suggest for me to see a behavioral therapy and gave me a prescription for Prozac. No insurance and money is tight so that's out of the question. My diet is good so I don't need to change that.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you saw the Dr -but it's a real shame you can't follow through with their suggestions.

Maybe you could ask someone about access to medical services for those on low incomes?

D
Old 09-30-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I don't know where you live, but if you're in the US you might want to look into the pharmacies at places like Walgreens or WalMart - they have Rx drug "programs" that offer big discounts.....

I take Prozac as well, and it's costs less than $10/month........ if it helps with your recovery, it's truly worth it.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Find out how much the prozac (fluoxetine) will cost before deciding not to take it. It might be well worth the expense. My antidepressant only costs me ten dollars a month, which is affordable.

I hope you can get it. It might help.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Call doctor & ask about low cost prescriptions, too. Some drug companies have programs. Call or write them.

Could also stay sober longer, maybe work a program & see if things change. I've seen miracles happen in aa. Best wishes to you! Hugs