All About US Day

Old 09-30-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Cool All About US Day

It has been far too long since we have had an "All About Us" day here at SR, and I therefore declare today,
tomorrow or whatever day you read this to be "All About Us".

What do we do on an Us day? Well, we try very hard to keep the focus on what we need, how we feel,
what we do or don't do and we let the rest of the world roll by.

And we do something special for ourselves, just because we are worthy of special attention and, after all, it is about US.

I will begin and then ask you to share how you will be spending this special day for special people time.

I will begin my day with 3 affirmations, to remind myself that I am worthy of my special day.

1. I am wiser for the lessons behind me and today I shall remember to smile at each little step of progress.

2. I am a beloved child of God, worthy of love and respect.

3. Just for today I will find joy in my life and beauty in the world around me.

Today I shall enjoy the autumn colours, and spend a quiet moment meditating
and feeling grateful to live in such a lovely, free world.

And I shall buy myself some bubble bath so I can soak and relax later...for as long as I want, with
music and candles if I like.

And today I will listen, to nature, to positive people, to music and perhaps hear
something important that I might have missed when I allowed myself to be surrounded by noise.

How about you? How will you spend your "All About Us" Day?

Last edited by Ann; 09-30-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh I do love a good "all about us" day!

A part of everyday for me is dedicated to me. I spend time each morning reading books that help me stay in today and recognize the importance of taking care of myself, listening to music, going to yoga, praying. But today, I'll step it up a bit!

Today I will dance. I love to dance. I love music. I love the way it makes me feel. I will dance this morning and celebrate my life.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-30-2011, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I will finally take one little step to get "unstuck" and will feel good about it, knowing how difficult it was for me to accomplish that one little step.

And I'll reward myself with a great cup of coffee and a nice walk in the woods with my happy, funny puppy.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yay ladies, well done!

You know, I went to vote at an advance poll today (provincial election) and there was already a line-up and people who didn't have proper paperwork and ID that held the line up and kept me waiting...but...as I began to feel the stress of impatience, I thought of all the Saudi women who would sell their souls to be "me" today and my impatience turned to gratitude.

No negative energy for this codie today, it's "all about us" day and positive energy will take me far.

There is a Scarecrow Parade today in a town not far from here, the beginning of the Apple Festival a wonderful autumn celebration here in apple country...and I plan to enjoy it all and buy some apple butter to make me smile in days ahead.

Celebrating "us" doesn't have to cost money, it's a mindset that gives us motivation to do wonderful things rather that sit in our sadness. We can save that for another day.

I hope more check in and tell us how they are spending this special day. after sharing our troubles it's good to share our joy too, an important part of our healing and recovery, I think.

Hugs to my fellow celebrants.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I woke this morning and read my daily inspirational messages, and have been listening to some wonderful jazz. I've done my nails and they look better than if a salon did them. I'm out the door soon to shop for a few items; husband and I are leaving tomorrow morning for a weekend jaunt
Old 09-30-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today I will listen to all the music I've collected on you tube . I will sing when I feel like it . I will just let my daughter be who she is and smile with her .
Old 09-30-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Tomorrow is my "US" day...or my ME ME ME day...

I have a sitter coming to sit with Mr. Moose, who had surgery yesterday, and I am going to a Juried Craft Show! For a little while, anyway, just to get out a bit.

I will take time, and reflect on how my H.P. has helped me along my journey.
I will praise my H.P. for giving me the life I lead.
I will thank my H.P. for giving me our 2 addict sons, because I beleive everything has a purpse...(I just haven't figured this one out yet...hahaha)
I will thank my H.P. for the change of seasons and the beauty of the Fall colors, and the SLEET that is forecast for tomorrow.(okay, I won't thank him for the sleet)

I will have a thankful, grateful, blessed day.

And I will say a silent prayer for all our addicts and for the Sober Recovery Website that has helped so many, me included, on our long journeys.

And tomorrow evening, I'll see if I can fit my meeting in!
(since we don't have the grandson this weekend...)

hugs and thank you.......
Old 10-01-2011, 04:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Moose, hugs and prayers for speedy mending for Mr. Moose.

I have seen your amazing craft skills so hope you have a wonderful time.

It is very autumnesque here today (cold and damp) but I will head out and find the sunshine and make it another "positive only, negative not welcome" day.