Notices

Found a Sponsor!!

Old 09-29-2011, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Found a Sponsor!!

Hello SR friends! Well after a month and a half of attending AA meetings and not finding a sponsor, I am happy to announce that I finally found one! For the longest time I just couldn't work up the nerve to ask someone to be my sponsor. I felt like I was asking someone out on a date or something. I was so scared and embarrassed. Finally, last night at a meeting when it was my turn to speak, I just asked the entire group if there was anyone who would be willing to be my sponsor. To make a long story short, after the meeting, I had five people approach me and say that they would be my sponsor. I suddenly went from having no sponsor to having five prospective sponsors! I thanked all of them and chose the person that I admire the most and can relate to the most. I met with him today and we started working on the second step. I feel so happy and relieved. At first I was really nervous, because he had me do a "homework" assignment, but after we reviewed my assignment I felt really good and relieved to get things out in the open and off my chest! It also makes me feel great to be able to post some good news on here. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Awesome! I'm so happy for you. Also way to go on being brave enough to ask in front of the group, that takes some real guts!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great news - I'm happy for you FHB

D
Old 09-30-2011, 12:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Oh my god , Fh lol

you just brought tears of joy to my eyes hug

so proud of you , not to be a told you so , but told you so its not so hard , when you do it love comes hug

please , please just keep your head open not closed by any means , hug omg stoked lol
Old 09-30-2011, 04:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you! Asking someone to be your sponsor is kinda like asking someone to the prom. The first person I asked turned me down because they already had too many sponsee's. Finally I did what you did, mentioned it at a meeting and that worked.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My very best to you as you move along in your recovery. Great work!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

We must humble ourselves, reach out, and ask for help! I'm happy for you. Every sponsor has their own style. I wish you well!